Skywest May classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TurbopropFlyer said:
What are the new hire reserve schedules like? # days on and # days off? Interviewing with SkyWest in April and just wondering about QOL on reserve as well. Any info is appreciated.

QOL on reserve? Do you really even have to ask? No matter where you go its gonna suck. And if you go to mesa its gonna suck worse because you only get 8days off a month!

skypine69 said:
i got a bone to pick....why do you guys call it a BRO? there is no O in the name Brasilia. The proper nickname for it is turbo taco, mexican king air, or my favorite...weedwhacker. once again....it is not a BRO please stop calling it that.

thanks

Maybe it's from the vibrations in her jumpseat but I know an FA who calls it a "Brazildo" :)

FlySacto

FlySacto said:
Maybe it's from the vibrations in her jumpseat but I know an FA who calls it a "Brazildo" :)

FlySacto
Is it the same FA that was jumping on the bed in the lobby?

viper548 said:
Is it the same FA that was jumping on the bed in the lobby?

BWAHAHAHA! Word travels fast!!! Yes it is. We flew that overnight again last weekend and they had pulled the bed from out of the lobby. It was like the "Man Show". Let's finish the night with girls jumping on trampolines! She's always a kick to fly.

FlySacto

sstearns2 said:
A lot will probably goto Santa Barbara. Right now we have 11 EMB CA's and 6 FO's.

Scott

I heard SBA is almost all locals. How does one afford to live there on first year pay?

blackbox said:
I heard SBA is almost all locals. How does one afford to live there on first year pay?

SBA is all locals right now on the EMB, the jet does two day trips. We've had two day trips on the EMB off and on. It's a challenge to live there on CA pay, I don't know how the FO's or FA's do it sometimes. People seem to find somewhat affordable places with some effort. We had a couple FO's camping at the beach for a while. Still, SBA is a beautiful place.

Scott

For anyone dreaming of a newhire jet class at SkyWest, I just counted the number of people on the transition list (i.e. those who want to leave the Brasilia for the jet) who are a) clear of any seatlocks, and b) did not put an "award after xx/xx/xx" date on their standing bid.

I counted 33 that were free to transition at any time. On the surface that doesn't seem like many, but as the months roll by there are a bunch of people that were hired last summer whose seatlocks will be released starting in earnest with the May 5 class and extending through the Sept 28 class. (The last person on the transition list was hired 9/28/05).

There are a total of 104 people on the transition list. Barring some "big announcement," it could indeed be quite a while before a newhire sees the inside of an RJ at SkyWest. If there are still any fencesitters, I hope this will motivate you to take the first class available.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back