SkyWest flying out of ATL in Dec.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

No Delay

I am hearing a lot of talk of SkyWest flying out of ATL starting Dec. Maybe flying the 900's. Had a Delta guy on my JS today. One of the first things he asked was how we felt about SkyWest flying out of ATL.

Anyone else hearing this?

It didn't make sense to have 2 companies in SLC...but it makes sense to have 2 companies in ATL???????????

I have said before...the true sign of ASA's future will be:

If BL gets fired = ASA has a future.
If SkyWest opens a base in ATL = ASA is history.

I strongly suggest you guys stay out of our lounge if you do start flying through Atlanta. But hey if you do want to come into our lounge, talk to some senior guys. Try telling a few angry 700 guys how good of a deal you have not being unionized and as a bonus, repeat your CEO's lecture on hourly rates and total compensation. And if that's not good enough, when you're done with that look at them straight in the eyes and tell them that you are not killing this business.

Oh good...

I'm glad the threats of violence have begun already. I was worried people might actually wait for an official announcement to start acting like ******************************-bags. Thanks for staying ahead of the curve redneck.

I'm glad the threats of violence have begun already. I was worried people might actually wait for an official announcement to start acting like ******************************-bags. Thanks for staying ahead of the curve redneck.

If you learned how to read you'd be able to ascertain that there is no threat just a simple note to say that you are not welcome.

P.S. Thanks for buying our airline which is making you record profits and thanks for helping to outsource what little mainline flying was left.

If you learned how to read you'd be able to ascertain that there is no threat just a simple note to say that you are not welcome.

P.S. Thanks for buying our airline which is making you record profits and thanks for helping to outsource what little mainline flying was left.

Is this the "same welcome" you got when you came to SLC?

lovincusin

I strongly suggest you guys stay out of our lounge if you do start flying through Atlanta. But hey if you do want to come into our lounge, talk to some senior guys. Try telling a few angry 700 guys how good of a deal you have not being unionized and as a bonus, repeat your CEO's lecture on hourly rates and total compensation. And if that's not good enough, when you're done with that look at them straight in the eyes and tell them that you are not killing this business.

Can you send me a pic of your house? I might want to buy it when your on the street. At a discout of course.

I love watching a lopsided fight. Continue please!

Not to bring this to the original topic or anything, but Scott Hall said in recurent that SYW was going to have 900s in ATL in Dec.

Well of course SkyW will be flying 900's out of ATL in Dec. Duh!

You're all welcome to come to my crew lounge. If I'm in there, I'll make a pot of coffee and show you around.

Thats the way Comair treated me and my crew when we went into CVG and thats how I and most ASA crews will treat you guy's when you come to ATL. If someone acts like an A S S, just pitty them for the misserable POS they are and be glad you're not them.

Not that ANY of you are worried about the hollow "threats" anyway but, the cowards that make all the noise on this message board won't even identify themselves in public. Lots of big talk and union thug threats and namecalling here, none in the lounge. There is some whining and complaining though. Some legit, most not.

Fact IS; unless someone has more than 1 offer, they take the first offer given to them. If thats ASA or Mesa or some other airline, so what? NONE of these clowns on here were appologizing about all of ASA's growth at the expense of mainline a couple years back....they're just pissed they didn't "make it" and they're "stuck" here.

Had they ALL refused to fly the RJ's, maybe mainline would have gotten more planes and hired them all across the street....nah! The RJ's would STILL have come to the regionals and they'd have been on the street, replaced by the next guy/girl in line (and that line is LONG). Then they'd simply be out of a job and still not qualified to be hired at a major.

That will remain ALL OF OUR problems until kids stop showing up at the pilot mills and taking on $100k loans...but, thats not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Latest resources

Back