• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On SkyWestOnline.com, under the financial rewards section. Listed is the amount of revenue SkyWest Airlines generated and the percentage of profit margin. A little simple math, and viola, you have the amount of profit. Minus SkyWest Airlines' profit from Inc's profit and you have the remaining profit generated by XJT/ASQ. I just figured MyASA.com (or whatever its called thesedays) would have something similar for you to look at.

No, they disabled it. Just found it interesting that they tell us we lost money in 4Q12 when maybe we didn't.

I'm not taking pay cuts with double management groups and GO's. model.

not to mention people like SH who gets canned but they create another place for him. He's not the only one either. Look at some of these pilots that do "test" flights"or some other BS job cause they suck flying the line.

All part of the "we need concessions to compete" doom an gloom, until we get a contract.

Don't forget the popcorn machine in the crew lounge is now just too expensive. Costs $53/ quarter to provide popcorn and the money "just isn't there"

Will they be bold enough to cry too poor for coffee?

Big gal in CP office said they're trying to get rid of the "crew meals" too but it's in either the FAs or pilots contract to provide them. Must be in the FAs contract.

On SkyWestOnline.com, under the financial rewards section. Listed is the amount of revenue SkyWest Airlines generated and the percentage of profit margin. A little simple math, and viola, you have the amount of profit. Minus SkyWest Airlines' profit from Inc's profit and you have the remaining profit generated by XJT/ASQ. I just figured MyASA.com (or whatever its called thesedays) would have something similar for you to look at.

Don't forget SKYW, Inc. has other business units/investments besides SKYW and XJT.

Don't forget SKYW, Inc. has other business units/investments besides SKYW and XJT.

Are you talking about Trip and Air Mekong? Are they both profitable investments? I know one of them isn't and the other one they are cashing out on. Maybe a small profit?

Are you talking about Trip and Air Mekong? Are they both profitable investments? I know one of them isn't and the other one they are cashing out on. Maybe a small profit?

That, plus aircraft leasing, Inc expenses, etc. it isn't much, but SKYW profit minus OO profit does not necessarily equal EV profit.

However you should ask yourself why you want those numbers for each operation. If you are trying to gauge who is more efficient, deserving, valuable, right, wrong, or are just looking for ammunition against "the other side" this is an apples to oranges comparison. Skywest, LXJET, and LASA are totally different operations operating under very different contracts. Skywest Inc has different profit margin targets for each operation due to the contracts they have agreed to.
I'm actually amazed that ALPA hasn't ensured that every pilot is intimately familiar with his company's costs and revenues, and how his compensation fits into the company's and the industry's financial situation. I mean, how can we be expected to make decisions that supposedly will cause the survival or failure of our company if we don't know any numbers? "Just trust us" doesn't sit well with me.

I wonder if the Pinnacle pilot vote would have been different if they knew their REAL impact on the bottom line, especially compared to the numbers at other regionals?

Latest resources

Back