• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America cAPT. has no BALLS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know that capt (looked it up on crewtrac). I'm calling BS on this thread. What a loser you are to start this nonsense and claim to fly for UPS.

BTW, for all those UAL guys that believe this crap, I'd advise you to look at the source and decide for yourself.

It's a lie!

If you know the cAPT call the MFer and ask him. I know of the two guys that overheard it. I'm not guessing what happened. It came straight from them. It's been reported to our JS comm and hasn't been disproved. If you Fers want to fight that's cool. Bring it on. We're in a fighting mood these days. Finally. I hope you guys fight this and try to punish us over sh*t we have no control over. Trust me. You're going to lose.

I'll add, if some of you think we have so much control over Apollo programing, what makes you think we can't prevent pass riding....since it is all through the comp system and all?

This fight will be slow pitch softball for us and major league baseball for you.

Not an elitist attitude. It's a matter of leverage, and you guys don't have near the amount of leverage, or anger, that we have.

Please take this all the way.

If you know the cAPT call the MFer and ask him. I know of the two guys that overheard it. I'm not guessing what happened. It came straight from them. It's been reported to our JS comm and hasn't been disproved. If you Fers want to fight that's cool. Bring it on. We're in a fighting mood these days. Finally. I hope you guys fight this and try to punish us over sh*t we have no control over. Trust me. You're going to lose.

I'll add, if some of you think we have so much control over Apollo programing, what makes you think we can't prevent pass riding....since it is all through the comp system and all?

This fight will be slow pitch softball for us and major league baseball for you.

Not an elitist attitude. It's a matter of leverage, and you guys don't have near the amount of leverage, or anger, that we have.

Please take this all the way.

In the present decade, you guys mostly take it in the tailpipe.

As the bread and milk gets more sparse on the shelves we continue to fight each other instead of working on self government and problem solving..

Maybe you shouldn't drink and post.

I'm sure our JS co-ordinator (a fair minded COMMUTER) will take care of this. Unless CrewTrac is incorrect, or you have your dates wrong, the date and flight # are pointing to a person, who wouldn't do this.
Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight (not a commuter) and don't think it's a good idea. But apparently, you guys have enough a$$holes on property who are KNOWINGLY taking advantage of the programming glitch, to make it an issue.

Don't go playing internet tough-guy, it doesn't help anyone.

Maybe you shouldn't drink and post.

I'm sure our JS co-ordinator (a fair minded COMMUTER) will take care of this. Unless CrewTrac is incorrect, or you have your dates wrong, the date and flight # are pointing to a person, who wouldn't do this.
Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight (not a commuter) and don't think it's a good idea. But apparently, you guys have enough a$$holes on property who are KNOWINGLY taking advantage of the programming glitch, to make it an issue.

Don't go playing internet tough-guy, it doesn't help anyone.

No play here at all. I don't say anything on the computer I wouldn't say directly to your face. More than a few on flightinfo know me and will attest to that.

Now, if we have guys that are taking advantage of the glitch and your captains don't have the guts to correct it themselves on their own airplane, tough sh*t.

If this threat is all you guys have your going to lose. It's not tough talk. The reality is that you guys think you hold more cards than you actually do. We'd like to talk about it some more....since we already did that in a meeting a while ago, but if you guys want to fight we are absolutely willing to participate.

D-Bo you are one bad mofo. Airbus FO, are you one of the 950? Why are you asking other pilot groups to live with a computer problem that benefits yours, when we all know that your group would not stand for it if the situation were reversed?

I agree that our captains should get up to the gate area and double check, but there are many situations when time is against you and you just don't want to get into a pi$$ing match with gate agents.
I was totally against this when it first surfaced, as I thought it was just a couple of isolated incidents, but it has been happening more frequently in recent months.
As an aside, the person in question has business interests outside of aviation, isn't a commuter and is a laid-back guy. While I wasn't there, I would guess there is more to this story than what has been posted here. There isn't even a mention of it on our pilot web.
We have a good relationship with almost all the agents in IND (wasn't always the case) and it isn't inconceivable that something was said as a joke, but later misinterpreted.

Keep an open mind.

D-Bo you are one bad mofo. Airbus FO, are you one of the 950? Why are you asking other pilot groups to live with a computer problem that benefits yours, when we all know that your group would not stand for it if the situation were reversed?

If the number stands at 950, which it won't, I'm one of the 950. I'm one of the 950 whether I get furloughed or not. You have about 6000 UAL pilots that feel as if they are the 950. I'm also a 2172. Been here before. Not scared this time. Ready to fight these a holes.

Look, I'm not asking them to live with it but they played this sh*T wrong. Punish us for a computer glitch we don't have control over? We've been pushed back into too many corners. If they want to play the game like that, fine. We'll fight back and we will win. Guaranteed. So if they want to fix it, pull the letter and we'll talk. Otherwise, if they want to fight, we'll show them one they've never seen.

Last edited:
Of course the other option would be for your UALMEC to take the high road and distribute informtion to your pilot group and gate agents explaining the situation and how everyone can work together to resolve this issue until the computer software can be fixed. That would be the reasonable thing to do. But no, even in the dying days of your airline it's all about the ego - what is particularly amusing is your MEC writing that the UAX pilots giving an ultimatum is against ALPA policy, then not more than half a page later giving the UAX pilots an even shorter ultimatum. Egos dude, they're good for a laugh occasionally.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back