• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Short runway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad about the Flex Jet Lear that over ran the runway at CGF on Monday. Glad no one got hurt. Wonder what protection the crew has without a union backing them up?

Classy...real classy....

After all of 6 posts, this is all you have to offer?

Congratulations that you love paying union dues and believe they are going to save your sorry ass.

Last edited:
Forget about how this ^^ union-buster tries to twist things around.

Fact is, without a union, these two pilots are out there, on their own in dealing with this problem. My heart goes out to them. There but for the grace of god go each of us.

Last edited:
If the pilots were not to blame, good management will not penalize them. If they were to blame, they should be penalized/terminated. The only reason for a union is if management is bad, which I suspect is not the case at Flex. And we all know unions protect the worst pilots among us.

Wow. Just wow.

I've read most of your posts G and find that you are (usually) fairly well balanced in your opposing views to union representation.

But this statement, assuming it wasn't intended purely as flame bait, is ignorant.

If the pilots were not to blame, good management will not penalize them. If they were to blame, they should be penalized/terminated. The only reason for a union is if management is bad, which I suspect is not the case at Flex. And we all know unions protect the worst pilots among us.

A retired NTSB accident investigator taught me years ago

-If you are ever involved in an accident or incident every organization involved will use everything they can discover to blame the crew. The monetary stakes are very high.
-The manufacturer will never admit their AC is faulty
-The company will never admit their training or maintenence was inadequate
-The FAA will never admit their oversight or requirements were inadequate
-The airport operator will never admit they lied about the runway conditions - FICONS (MKE has been caught doing that - repeatedly)

Every organization with a finacial stake in the findings will want to blame the pilots and wash their hands of it - including the company the pilots work for. When a NTSB investigator tells you the only friend you will have is your union - you might want to listen. In the many years since he told me that I have witnessed it first hand several times.

A retired NTSB accident investigator taught me years ago

-If you are ever involved in an accident or incident every organization involved will use everything they can discover to blame the crew. The monetary stakes are very high.
-The manufacturer will never admit their AC is faulty
-The company will never admit their training or maintenence was inadequate
-The FAA will never admit their oversight or requirements were inadequate
-The airport operator will never admit they lied about the runway conditions - FICONS (MKE has been caught doing that - repeatedly)

Every organization with a finacial stake in the findings will want to blame the pilots and wash their hands of it - including the company the pilots work for. When a NTSB investigator tells you the only friend you will have is your union - you might want to listen. In the many years since he told me that I have witnessed it first hand several times.

Isn't the vast majority of accidents attributable to pilot error?

Wow. Just wow.

I've read most of your posts G and find that you are (usually) fairly well balanced in your opposing views to union representation.

But this statement, assuming it wasn't intended purely as flame bait, is ignorant.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to be flamebait. I just don't like how unions will sometimes go to bat for a pilot who needs to be doing something else with his life. I am not saying everything unions do is bad.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to be flamebait. I just don't like how unions will sometimes go to bat for a pilot who needs to be doing something else with his life. I am not saying everything unions do is bad.

I'm all for weeding out bad pilots, but not at the expense of the good ones. Just like our justice system sometimes an OJ gets off, but we provide for an equal defense opportunity for all so that hopefully innocent people aren't put away. Flexjet has generally taken care of its people, however an incident like this regardless of how it happened brings negative publicity, and if I were one of the crew I would sure like some form of personal protection should the company decide to seek punitive action.

Latest resources

Back