Shenzhen Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jimboflyguy

I am new to this forum and I am interested in finding any info on Shenzhen Airlines. They are recruiting for B-737-800 Captains and I am one. Understand that there are a small number of expats there now but they are recruiting for growth. Any info on the job itself and/or living in the Shenzen area would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Last edited:
Im not sure you will get any info about Shenzhen here. Try pprune.org. They have a lot of info on foreign carriers. I know that my company is snding CRJ guys over there at almost twice the pay to go fill the gap that JO at Mesa cant fill...

Im not sure you will get any info about Shenzhen here. Try pprune.org. They have a lot of info on foreign carriers. I know that my company is snding CRJ guys over there at almost twice the pay to go fill the gap that JO at Mesa cant fill...

BLing,

What airline do you work for if you don't mind me asking?

Do a search for them on here on Flightinfo. I was looking into them about 4 years ago after a guy posted some info on the "majors" forum. He explained alot about them.

Firstmate & CitationUltra, Im not sure why you appear to have such a bad taste in your mouth towards Avionco. The only real problem I know of there has has been time frame issues. Sometimes the pay is a week or two late and going to the assigment may get delayed some as well. These issues are alomst always the fault of the airline we are working for. I have never been screwed out of money and plan on working there for many years. Once I was sent to an assignment where my license did not get validated. I was out of the country for a week and was paid my full months salary. I dont consider that having payment issues or being jerked around. Sure, I would like to see some improvements, but what place doesnt need to improve? I know if I do my job and work with them, they will take care of me.

Talked to them on the phone nearly a year ago. I got a bad taste from the get go, maybe thats just me. Heard a few negative and positive things from people and research - end of story. Got a 'neutral' at best vibe from the place. I was simply curious as to what the pay situation is there. The negatives I heard were concerned with getting paid.

Latest resources

Back