• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shameless CAL Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your friend is SOL. I've never ridden in BF and I work here.
I must have been very lucky or maybe the rules changed but around Christmas I jumpseated out of EWR to Oslo and 3 weeks later jumped out of Stockholm back to EWR. On both flights they moved me up to the business class (or is it business first?); the pilots and the FAs were super friendly... On the flight back to EWR I got coach at first but 10 minutes or so after take off the lead FA came up and quietly told me to take an empty seat in business class - she said the captain requested that. I didn’t expect being upgraded but it was a nice surprise, great service for sure…

Don't ask or use certain words!

Okay, here it is:

If one were to be traveling internationally (Europe) out of EWR on CAL in economy, what prey tell, might help a passenger secure an upgrade into business or first class. This individual (CFI - not current) dresses business casual and will be vacationing later in July. The guy doesn't get to travel often, and was basically wondering whether he could swing an upgrade if available.

Any hopes of getting the captain or head FA to accommodate this individual? Magic words or secret knocks?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

PM if necessary.

J.Otto

Based on your status, don't ask. I certainly would not even use the words head and flight attendant in the same breath. Not within the tube at least. Hotel room different story.
If you decide to ask, not smart, then address the "head" FA as lead or senior FA. Call said FA "head" and you'll certainly have the longest ride to Europe any pilot has seen. Good Luck and Cheers!

Latest resources

Back