• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seneca or Duchess

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point and question. If it's a II for the same price as a Duchess, I'd go for the Seneca for sure.

-mini

If it is the II, don't abuse the Turbos too much! Easy on all the throttle changes. If it is a I, it has probably already had the crap beaten out of it. Don't expect to fly away on one engine in either model at gross weight with an engine out at takeoff. You have a better chance with the II.

If it's for your MEL, why not get an hour in each and see which feels better to you. Otherwise, go with what's a little cheaper.

Don't expect to fly away on one engine in either model at gross weight with an engine out at takeoff. You have a better chance with the II.
Yep. Just like he said...keep the II under gross by about 200-300, don't slam the throttles up and down and you've got a nice plane.

-mini

Duchess

Since it is a Seneca I, then go with the Duchess unless there is a significant difference in equipment or condition.

I did my multi in a Seneca II and own a Duchess. I have flown a Senaca I many years ago....not very impressive.

Have fun.

CalifDan

Latest resources

Back