• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seneca or Duchess

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've flown quite a few hours in both and I can honestly say they fly almost the same.

Fly the less expensive one.

-mini

go by train

Thanks for the info. Mini.
I can get either one for the same price.

In that case, best equipped :D

Seriously...almost same airplane. The Duchess "rotates" a little more smoothly than the Seminole and the Duchess has electric flaps vs. manual in the Seminole (I only flew "older" Seminoles).

I like the Duchess...seems a little more roomy up front, it performs really nicely on one engine and I prefer electric flaps :D

-mini

The Seneca is a pig compared to the Dutchess.

What do you plan on doing with the rating?

Whoops - I read "Seminole" not Seneca.

That changes things a bit. Will you be able to rent afterwards? Is that the plan? Do you want to take friends/family, etc?

-mini

Mini,
I was hoping to get my multi and to later take the family places. And yes, I, prefer electric flaps over the manual type ( they both have pros and cons though).

Way2Broke, as far as what I would do with that rating- I would love to fly professionaly at some point before I take my "dirt-nap"

Seneca will haul more but with turbos im guess could be quite a bit more to operate (dont know the numbers but a hunch). I though the Duchess was a terrific hand flying airplane. Not a lot were made though so support is a bit tougher from what ive heard. plus the 76 has 2 doors!!!

Latest resources

Back