• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sen Rockefeller loves fighter pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no idea why I remembered that. I guess all the Tweet stuff hasn't replaced everything in my head just yet...

The real idiocy is 'laser guided missiles,' sorta like "sharks with friggin laser beams." Again, a US senator should know better.

Unless I'm a moron, and please feel free to call me one if I'm wrong, we've never had LG missiles. The AGM-130 is a fairly recent weapon, and it was an EO missile, not TGP dependent. I'm wrackin' my small brain here...AGM-145, -88, -130...any I'm missing?

I think there was/is a laser maverick.

Did you guys ever see the video of the Forrestal fire ? McCain's airplane was hit by a Zuni rocket, which stated the blaze. I think McCain crashed 5 airplanes, it's amazing he's made it this long.

I think McCain crashed 5 airplanes, it's amazing he's made it this long.

I read his book several years ago - from what I remember it was 3. The first was a T-34B in training (either PNS FL or CRP TX), a navy T-33/P-80 he ejected from(forget the Navy name) in the Chesapeak Bay and then the A-4 ejection. I could be wrong just what i remember from the book.

It may be the stuff that presidents are made of, George the first lost three TBM's in one year.

I'm...I'm so...so embarrassed. Can't believe I forgot the Maverick. I was even the test projo (F-16) for the AGM-65 H/K in '02-'03. Dam* Raptor is already clouding my small brain...

One of my friends flies the 16 for a ANG unit, and there is a ex Hun pilot that visits/drinks with them sometimes. He told my friend as story about doing a strafing run on an AAA emplacement, resulting an explosion and then body parts hit the canopy afterwards.

Its actually posted in the thread about this on hotair.com website.

Latest resources

Back