Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
"McCain was a fighter pilot, who dropped laser-guided missiles from 35,000 feet. He was long gone when they hit. What happened when they [the missiles] get to the ground? He doesn't know. You have to care about the lives of people. McCain never gets into those issues."

A-4s dropped laser guided missiles from 35K in Vietnam?

Idiot. Even if you apply it to today's terms, he's way off. LGB's are not fire and forget weapons...you're nowhere near "long gone" when the bomb hits. More like 4 nm or less from the target.

Just feeds more misinformation to the moonbats who truly believe there is such a thing as "carpet bombing" or that we intentionally target civilians. A US Senator should know better.

Of course at the time LGBs were actually used in Vietnam, John was in a certain "Hilton", and it was not named Paris.

I would encourage this reading below for a little background. Love 'em or hate 'em, dont question the man's patriotism. . . .I am humbled

I might offer (although who knows if it's credible), My dad was flying off the oriskany just after Mccain and he swears that his A-4 injested a Zuni after it left the pod and that this is why it went in (not a SAM). again I claim no credibility just interesting gouge from the old man. .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

I found it hard to believe so I googled the quote. MY WORD!! What an utterly callous, ignorant, and cowardly statement. The absolute arrogance and gall it takes for a draft dodger to say that amazes me but, upon a tiny bit of reflection, it speaks volumes about what sort of person would say something like that.

yeah...just show the pictures of McCain being fished out of a Hanoi Lake...soon to be tortured.

Poor bastard was so out of touch with the whole war effort...no way he could ever understand it... (sigh)

Insult?

Get your facts; what an insult to call John a Fighter Pilot, John worked for a living he was an Attack Pilot. Read the books, A-4 drivers carried the load. Fighter guys flew Bar Cap. BTW the first LGB was not used until 1972 during Rolling Thunder II. John was in his 5th year of captivity. BTW USAF guys don't get your dander up, this is 1967 Navy thing we are talking about and the attack guys in the UASF were called fighter pilots, they also carried the load.

Last edited:
The real idiocy is 'laser guided missiles,' sorta like "sharks with friggin laser beams." Again, a US senator should know better.

Unless I'm a moron, and please feel free to call me one if I'm wrong, we've never had LG missiles. The AGM-130 is a fairly recent weapon, and it was an EO missile, not TGP dependent. I'm wrackin' my small brain here...AGM-145, -88, -130...any I'm missing?

The real idiocy is 'laser guided missiles,' sorta like "sharks with friggin laser beams." Again, a US senator should know better.

Unless I'm a moron, and please feel free to call me one if I'm wrong, we've never had LG missiles. The AGM-130 is a fairly recent weapon, and it was an EO missile, not TGP dependent. I'm wrackin' my small brain here...AGM-145, -88, -130...any I'm missing?

AGM-65E

Oh and of course AGM-114, on predators and Apaches and such.

Latest resources

Back