• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scope works - ACA furloughs more pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aug 2001... ouch. Lets hope for all our sake Delta and ACA can come to an agreement. It cant be good for anyone to park airplanes.

When does the Airbus show up? And at what rate of delivery?

If these Indy jokers don't get people to board their aircraft in a hurry, the financing will probably fall through and they will never see an Airbus. I feel for you guys. You are lead by a bunch of followers. Your management doesn't have the savvy to make this work unfortunately.

On the bright side, maybe Virgin USA will want to buy a commuter to fly around their scraps!

hopeful said:
If these Indy jokers don't get people to board their aircraft in a hurry, the financing will probably fall through and they will never see an Airbus. I feel for you guys. You are lead by a bunch of followers. Your management doesn't have the savvy to make this work unfortunately.

On the bright side, maybe Virgin USA will want to buy a commuter to fly around their scraps!
Hey thanks for the support! I know when you are envious of something, the best way to deal with it is to try and rain on everyone else's party. But hey I was at a neighborhood picnic tonight, and just randomly the name Independence Air was brought up and 3 strangers I didn't even know (nor did they know I am employed by them) starting telling stories of how great their experiences were and how they've already booked future flights. Also mentioned was how poor one of their experiences on TED was.
Contrary to what you may think or hear, people ARE boarding our planes and loving it. Yes there are areas that need improvement but all in all things are at least going as expected.

Hmmm...
"We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week."
-Office Space

Hey they did it to me on a Friday too. It sucks. Good Luck.

Yes there are areas that need improvement but all in all things are at least going as expected.

Chingow! (I'm not a spanish major so the speeling needs some improvement)

21% load factors are what you girls expected. Better start sending out resumes. Or start hoping for a major change in managerial thinking. ($10 bucks says the 320's are on hold for now)

sorry man but I am not going to waste my time arguing with you. You have no source for 21% LF. You must be either the infamous etoper or Johnny Ornstein. I'm sorry your life is so miserable. Goodluck! :)

Skyway Correction

michael707767 said:
First of all, Skyway does not do any flying for DCI. If and when they do, we will talk. Second, the difference with Eagle is that Eagle does not operate aircraft larger than 70 seats. They are owned by someone who does, but that does not violate the language of our contract.
Skyway is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Midwest Airlines and we operate under a different certificate. If Skyway does fly the DL 328's, it wouldn't be any different than Eagle flying DCI. At this point, Skyway isn't focused on anything more than the 328 market. Any future flying probably wouldn't exceed the 70 seat market.

Also, Midwest dropped the "Express" from their name last year and Skyway is now called Midwest Connect (or technically, Skyway dba Midwest Connect).

Peace

SF

michael707767 said:
Though I disagree with many complaints about scope, I understand them. This is one area of scope I have to say I support 100%. Bottom line, we don't want our company providing any support or money to subsidize aircraft which will be used against us. So, if ACA was going to make even one dollar from DCI flying, thats one dollar which could have been put toward operating a competing aircraft. Even without our scope, the code share with ACA would not have lasted long. Management agrees with what I said. They would have wanted more time to get a replacement, but would have dropped ACA anyway.
AA is running into a situation similar to DAL/ACA with Republic (Chatauqua). They will be operating E-170s for UAL. This is prohibited by the AA/APA scope clause. Basically the choice will be to terminate them as an American Connection carrier or grant another scope exception.

My input to the APA is to hold the line on scope. Subsidizing the competition and further degradation of 70-110 seat compensation is lunacy. E-170/190 must be flown at mainline--Period. Competetive rates are subject of several other threads.

80drvr said:
My input to the APA is to hold the line on scope. Subsidizing the competition and further degradation of 70-110 seat compensation is lunacy. E-170/190 must be flown at mainline--Period. Competetive rates are subject of several other threads.
While I might agree with not subsidizing the competition, I have to ask you. Are you prepared to fly the E-170 for USAirways rates of $58/hr or would you rather fly the E-190 for JetBlue rates? Apart from the rates, rember too ... no pension and no work rules ... you fly to FAR's.

My friend the "degradation" of 70-110 seat compensation is not coming from the "regionals", it's coming from the so-called majors.

Second question. While AA scope may prohibit CHQ from flying the E-170 for UAL, if you try to stop them and they decide to take you to court (the company not the pilots) what do you think will happen to your "scope"? Taking any bets?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back