Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tarp

Well there you go.

Management letter to pilots at ACA - due to loss of Delta flying, next round of furloughs early as November or as late as January. House estimate - about 300-350 more furloughs.

Not enough Independence Flying to support all these pilots until Airbus program is in full swing.

Note: ACA was forced out of the DCI program since the Airbus added to the fleet violated Delta scope language even though ACA had no intentions of operating anything other than the 32 seat Dornier Jet (FRJ) on DCI flying.

What's that thing about the rule of unintended consequences?

Life goes on.

tarp said:
Note: ACA was forced out of the DCI program since the Airbus added to the fleet violated Delta scope language even though ACA had no intentions of operating anything other than the 32 seat Dornier Jet (FRJ) on DCI flying.

What's that thing about the rule of unintended consequences?

Though I disagree with many complaints about scope, I understand them. This is one area of scope I have to say I support 100%. Bottom line, we don't want our company providing any support or money to subsidize aircraft which will be used against us. So, if ACA was going to make even one dollar from DCI flying, thats one dollar which could have been put toward operating a competing aircraft. Even without our scope, the code share with ACA would not have lasted long. Management agrees with what I said. They would have wanted more time to get a replacement, but would have dropped ACA anyway.

Michael :

So tell us why ALPA has no problem with Skyway ( Midwest Express - Express ) and American Eagle performing DCI flying?

Michael, you have been lied to. ALPA's scope is not about your job protection - it is about maintaining the balance of power within ALPA's representation structure. This is not about your job, it is about Duane Woerth's.

You can bet that the day the "regionals" get one more vote than the mainline guys, Duane Woerth is going to have to go fly airplanes again.

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~ said:
Michael :

So tell us why ALPA has no problem with Skyway ( Midwest Express - Express ) and American Eagle performing DCI flying?

Michael, you have been lied to. ALPA's scope is not about your job protection - it is about maintaining the balance of power within ALPA's representation structure. This is not about your job, it is about Duane Woerth's.

You can bet that the day the "regionals" get one more vote than the mainline guys, Duane Woerth is going to have to go fly airplanes again.

~~~^~~~

First of all, Skyway does not do any flying for DCI. If and when they do, we will talk. Second, the difference with Eagle is that Eagle does not operate aircraft larger than 70 seats. They are owned by someone who does, but that does not violate the language of our contract.

You are the one who has been lied to, and continues to spread lies. Scope is about job protection. There is no such thing as good scope and bad scope. Scope by its nature will always exclude someone. There is no way to write scope that does not exclude someone.

Frankly, I hope Duane Worthe does loose his job. I am tired of the RJDC crap. You don't like the way ALPA represents you leave. But you won't, so I hope we do.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Source this.
Well the flyer in the CVG crewroom says 300. Bill Brown said 0-200. MEC has said nothing. Who knows. As someone sitting right on the fence, it is unnerving, however I have to accept that everything happens for a greater reason and that should I get furloughed it is not the end of the world, but a chance for my company to prosper into a place that will be great to work at and a chance for me to explore and maybe learn something new.

Good luck to all of us.

michael707767 said:
Frankly, I hope Duane Worthe does loose his job. I am tired of the RJDC crap. You don't like the way ALPA represents you leave. But you won't, so I hope we do.
Yeah that makes sense, leave your job because you don't like ALPA's representation. Let me remind you of something....ALPA is there to serve US, not the other way around. If Duane Worthless does an inferior job with any airline, be it scope or anything else, THEY are the ones who need to do corrective action. No action on behalf of ANY pilot should be necessary to correct an ALPA fcuk up.

Latest resources

Back