Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the plot thickens! will there be an externally serviced lav option?!:D

Yes Sir!

Your new LAV will include a "State of the Art" Poop Ejector!

WATCH OUT BELOW! :rolleyes:

Looks like Whoosh! had the inside scoop...

He's not yet on property, but he is getting closer:

Dear Team Member:

H.I.G. Transport Holdings Inc., the holding company of Flight Options, LLC, recently added two new investors, Resilience Capital Partners, LLC and Directional Aviation Capital.

Resilience Capital Partners, a Cleveland-based private equity firm, and Directional Aviation Capital, an aviation-focused private investment firm, together now hold a minority interest of H.I.G. Transport Holdings Inc.

Steve Rosen, the co-founder of Resilience Capital Partners, and Kenn Ricci, principle for Directional Aviation, will be joining the Board of Directors of H.I.G. Transport Holdings Inc.

If you receive any media inquiries regarding this announcement, please refer them to the Flight Options Media Line at 216.797.8350.

Fly safe,

Michael

this should be interesting...

He's not yet on property, but he is getting closer:
Dear Team Member:
H.I.G. Transport Holdings Inc., the holding company of Flight Options, LLC, recently added two new investors, Resilience Capital Partners, LLC and Directional Aviation Capital.
Resilience Capital Partners, a Cleveland-based private equity firm, and Directional Aviation Capital, an aviation-focused private investment firm, together now hold a minority interest of H.I.G. Transport Holdings Inc.
Steve Rosen, the co-founder of Resilience Capital Partners, and Kenn Ricci, principle for Directional Aviation, will be joining the Board of Directors of H.I.G. Transport Holdings Inc.
If you receive any media inquiries regarding this announcement, please refer them to the Flight Options Media Line at 216.797.8350.
Fly safe,
Michael

ROTFLMAO
Hold onto your hats...this will be interesting.
One can only hope that order of buiness #1 is to get rid of MS, B19, and all associated goons.
Order of business #2...give us what we have been asking for quick (in writing & in IMMEDIATE pay, not "promised") so MAYBE this place has half a chance left in it.

Greasy Ricci has stated numerous times he would not work with a company that had a Union on the Property. (Of Course the guy is a known liar).
This guy is a first class Slim ball and just when you thought things couldnt get any worse..HOLD ON!!!

Greasy Ricci has stated numerous times he would not work with a company that had a Union on the Property. (Of Course the guy is a known liar).
This guy is a first class Slim ball and just when you thought things couldnt get any worse..HOLD ON!!!

Where exactly did he say/write this, and what was the exact wording? I could easily see him saying something similar in the context of 'that's why I am paying them more than the others,' so please specify the exact wording/context/place of the conversation and if it was witnessed specifically or just urban legend.
He's no peach by a long shot, but there is no way I'd rather have MS and gang at the helm if given the choice between them and Ricci, face it. I hope that there won't be a bunch of bs floating around about either side, just for the sake of uproar, in fear of what might happen if Ricci is back in charge. I fully believe in a union contract, and would rather have one negotiated with Ricci vs the alternative...that doesn't mean that the union is going to lose its support if he comes back, so there is no reason to start up bs either or THAT will turn people off immensely.
If he is as willing to work with us for a contract as he was willing to make FLOPS guys happy at one time (premerger) in the interest of saving his "baby" (FLOPS) from going under, then bring it on.
Like I said : In writing, payable now. (Not just promises to keep us working through the Spring/Fall until they cry broke again/bad economy like we are seeing happen at the majors and their merger fibs).
And BTW, we need some options to look forward to with seniority as far as scheduling so we aren't doing 7/7 or 8/7 by force when we're all old geezers. Keep bidding it if you like, but have options for people to look forward to. 7 off totally SUCKS when you've been away for 7 or 8 days (always) and are tired and have a million things to catch up on. Not NEAR the "vacation every other week" as people would like to brag about.
Maybe once people have a bit of seniority in their equip/positions they could bid vacations and do 7/7 those months(/that quarter, whatever), but bid a better schedule (um, better than the NJA alternative) other months...you get the idea
Is that possible, or will I only be assaulted with "what have YOU done" accusations? It's a legitimate suggestion from a member in good standing, and I imagine many others of us...Since, and correct me if I am wrong, I can't recall being polled as a group to see what the majority of the group would like our reps to pursue. Maybe it's in the mail, just wondering on the scheduling issue. Anyone else wondering, or will I just be deemed a "mgt stooge" (by the few vocab impaired that love to only shout that on here ) for having the gall to ask about it?

Last edited:
Voice I think there's a couple things you should keep in mind- he was emphatic about not having a union on the property and yes it was in the context of his view of not needing one because of how "well" he treated his pilots but that was a different time. Apparently, he isn't being brought back to lead the company so he won't have the final say in decisions made in that regard. Ricci makes his decisions based on what's best for #1 and if he's not here to take over leadership, most likely its for the cut he'll get from the sale if he can make the company *look* good- something HIG knows he's very good at. Either way you look at it, not a good sign.

Voice I think there's a couple things you should keep in mind- he was emphatic about not having a union on the property and yes it was in the context of his view of not needing one because of how "well" he treated his pilots but that was a different time. Apparently, he isn't being brought back to lead the company so he won't have the final say in decisions made in that regard. Ricci makes his decisions based on what's best for #1 and if he's not here to take over leadership, most likely its for the cut he'll get from the sale if he can make the company *look* good- something HIG knows he's very good at. Either way you look at it, not a good sign.

Never said it was GOOD...just the lesser of two evils...

I was one who originally poo-poo'ed the idea of KR coming back to Flight Options. I was obviously wrong.

That being said, we can start the speculation on why he would want to come back. There are probably a multitude of reasons. Was he courted by H.I.G.? That is certainly a possibility. If that's the case, he'll be on property sooner than later.

Then there is Nextant Aerospace - www.nextantaerospace.com . Assuming Nextant gets their BJ re-engining program up and running they'll be looking for a (cheap) supply of BJ's to convert and sell. Hmmm...I wonder where he could find a reliable supply starting in, say, 2010?

The other thing I'm sure of is that KR has not lost is his ego. I've seen it drive several of his business decisions over the years. I'm guessing he still views Flight Options as his baby. Now that he's made this inroad, he's about one step away from the operations side of the company.

Last edited:
Ricci has said it in many of his famous speeches that he has given that he will not co-exist with a union. He also was responsible for firing the fabulous 5 over there union efforts. That little move cost Rathyeon a few million. This is definatly not good..Better than Sh*tfinger? I would say its NO different..Difference between Sh*tfinger and Slimey is that Slimey greases ya up first before he bends ya over and gives it to ya good..Sh*tfinger doesnt spend money on the Lube. (we are in a recession you know) Either way youre taking it up the *ss..

Latest resources

Back