• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ricci/Rossi coming back to FLOPS?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ricci has said it in many of his famous speeches that he has given that he will not co-exist with a union. He also was responsible for firing the fabulous 5 over there union efforts. That little move cost Rathyeon a few million. This is definatly not good..Better than Sh*tfinger? I would say its NO different..Difference between Sh*tfinger and Slimey is that Slimey greases ya up first before he bends ya over and gives it to ya good..Sh*tfinger doesnt spend money on the Lube. (we are in a recession you know) Either way youre taking it up the *ss..

That just about sumes it all up

Glass half full or half empty?

Regardless of KR's passed statements and actions, he is not stupid. He has always understood that pilots are the faces of the company the customers see regularly and are essential to a positive experience. If you combine that with the Net Jets story, maybe just maybe, his opinion of a union on the property might have changed. I am hopefully but not holding my breath.
one additional thought, I know we need a change in management and fast. Maybe we need somebody who cares if FO succeeds?

bingo

Regardless of KR's passed statements and actions, he is not stupid. He has always understood that pilots are the faces of the company the customers see regularly and are essential to a positive experience. If you combine that with the Net Jets story, maybe just maybe, his opinion of a union on the property might have changed. I am hopefully but not holding my breath.
one additional thought, I know we need a change in management and fast. Maybe we need somebody who cares if FO succeeds?

My thoughts exactly.
In writing, effective now (or retro for that matter).
I seriously doubt Ricci has it in him to run his "baby" completely into the ground like a lot of these people who have invested nothing into it.

I think it is a positive, (it can't get much worse)

If Ricci really wants to pull us out of this nose dive he will get this contract done in a month and send M and Baboo packing. Any delay will cost him any good will since it will show us that he going to continue the same old management style that we currently have.

The relationship has been poisoned between the pilots and management and only a contract can start the healing. I will give him a chance but I want to see changes right away.

So get her done or shut her down!

I think it is a positive, (it can't get much worse)

If Ricci really wants to pull us out of this nose dive he will get this contract done in a month and send M and Baboo packing. Any delay will cost him any good will since it will show us that he going to continue the same old management style that we currently have.

The relationship has been poisoned between the pilots and management and only a contract can start the healing. I will give him a chance but I want to see changes right away.

So get her done or shut her down!

A lot of pilots alread gave Ricci a chance, so with half of ricci's croney's stilll in high places, this place will suck the same as it did 7years ago.

Dime Line I agree 110%..Ricci had his chance. Hes proven himself over and over to be the sleazy slime ball that he is..All the weak minded individuals that was a member of his Cult like following might think he is here to save the day. But in reality if it werent for Raytheon stepping in this place would have been Bankrupt years ago..He wasnt paying his bills and this place never made a dime in the 5-7 years he ran it or how ever long he was here..But make no mistake ol slick Ricci made plenty of money for himself when he was here..I think hes just back for a second helping. I have no Doubt that now MS days are numbered..But as far as improvement? not with this Slime ball

People like that are the reason for the saying... Forewarned, forearmed; to be prepared is half the victory. Miguel de Cervantes

The Options pilots know that the best way to be prepared is with a contract that protects their career investment and rewards their contributions. Now's the time for serious talk. If they can't even manage to work out a fair contract the FLOPS need to get the boot. NJW

Where exactly did he say/write this, and what was the exact wording? I could easily see him saying something similar in the context of 'that's why I am paying them more than the others,' so please specify the exact wording/context/place of the conversation and if it was witnessed specifically or just urban legend.

Public Documents. Federal Lawsuit filed 9/6/2002.
On behalf of Flight Options pilots (previously RTA) wrongfully terminated in connection with their protected rights under the RLA of organizational activity. RLA 45 USC 151 & 152

Case 1: 02-cv-01768 - NAV Document 1
Filed 09/06/2002 Northern District Court of Ohio

Paragraph 25: Immediately following RTA and Flight Options' announcement of their merger, Flight Options commenced a campaign to defeat the organizing effort among the pilots of RTA. As a part of this campaign Flight Options CEO Ken Ricci began to communicate directly with RTA pilots in order to discourage their participation in the RTA organizing effort. Ricci acted as chief spokesman for on behalf of RTA and Flight Options against the pilots organizing efforts.

Paragraph 26: Ricci made numerous anti union statements to the RTA pilots in December 2001 and January 2002. Ricci conducted phone telephone conferences with RTA pilots, engaged in ono-on-one telephone calls with RTA pilots, including certain of the plaintiffs, and sent emails to RTA pilots all for the purpose of opposing the pilots organizing campaign. Ricci expressed his opposition to the organizing efforts in these communications and urged the RTA pilots to vote against union representation.

-----
AIN
Flight Options Founder Ricci Returns to Company
Two new investors have invested in HIG Transport Holdings, the holding company that owns Cleveland-based fractional-share provider Flight Options. Resilience Capital Partners, based in Cleveland, and Directional Aviation Capital of nearby Richmond Heights now own a minority stake in HIG Transport Holdings. Both Kenn Ricci, principal for Directional Aviation, and Steve Rosen, cofounder of Resilience Capital Partners, will join the HIG Transport Holdings board of directors. Ricci was one of the founders of Flight Options in 1998. He left the company in February 2003 as Flight Options was in the process of being taken over by Raytheon, which had earlier sold the Raytheon Travel Air fractional company to Flight Options. Raytheon sold Flight Options to HIG Capital this past November. Directional Aviation projects include aircraft modification firm Nextant Aerospace, Corporate Wings and Air Services. Resilience Capital Partners’ “investment philosophy is focused on principal investing in lower middle market underperforming and turnaround situations.” A fractional industry insider recently told AIN that Flight Options has not sold any shares so far this year, but a Flight Options spokeswoman denied this claim

----
Sad...just freakin sad. This is letting the Fox back into the hen house. "Snake oil salesman" is so lacking.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back