• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ricci/Rossi coming back to FLOPS?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't disupute it, but I've not heard this. Source?

Chairman?

Apparently, this rumour has come to fruition. Ricci is now the executive vice chairman at FLOPS. I can't be the only one hearing this....

It could be true, but he probably never gave up his chairman status. Going to a meeting a few times a year to tell these guys how fd up they are, isnt enough for a turnaround. Now make him Executive vp, (do we have one of those yet?) and we will talk.

Yea, what the heck is an Executive Vice Chairman? You got info Whoosh, then let it out. If you're starting rumors, knock it off.

I did let it out. If I thought it was a rumour, I wouldn't have posted. I'm hoping someone else here can confirm it one way or another.

People on the inside who would normally have caught wind of something like this tell me they've heard nada, although there is some "announcement" coming Monday (couldn't get specifics). I think this particular rumor is a non-starter.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nextant Bringing New Life, More Zip to Beechjets[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Richmond Heights, Ohio-based Nextant Aerospace yesterday announced its 400NXT Beechjet retrofit and modernization program and Pro Line 21 cockpit upgrade for Beechjets and Hawker 400XPs. According to Nextant CEO Kenn Ricci, the 400NXT program will transform these twinjets into a modern, medium-range business aircraft priced for less than $5 million, including the airframe and a new interior. By replacing the Beechjet’s Pratt & Whitney Canada JT15D engines with FADEC-equipped Williams FJ44-3AP engines and incorporating new Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 avionics, the NBAA IFR range of the 400NXT will be increased from the baseline airplane’s 1,180 nm to more than 2,000 nm (four passengers) while reducing operating costs by 27 percent. The 400NXT will be offered as a remanufactured serialized production aircraft or, for those who already own a Beechjet or Hawker 400XP, as a $2.4 million modification program. Nextant is also offering its Beechjet/Hawker 400XP Pro Line 21 cockpit retrofit as a standalone product for $390,000, which includes installation. Estimated downtime for the cockpit upgrade is two to three weeks, and STC approval is expected in the third quarter. Certification of the 400NXT is expected in early 2010.[/FONT][/FONT]

OK...So now I guess we're going to cancel our Phenom orders that we weren't going to get until 4th quarter 2009 and wait to upgrade our Beechjunk until first quarter of 2010??

the plot thickens! will there be an externally serviced lav option?!:D

Latest resources

Back