• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Returning to profession

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want to leave your day job, for a flying gig, get any job you can right now and keep looking for "THE" job you want. It is easier to get a flying job when you have a flying job.

This thread is yet another example of the green grass on the other side of the fence being astroturf....

You may think 121 experience is a good thing but unless you have a very compelling reason your past will be a big hindrance to getting hired. Most regionals would rather hire 400 hour flight school people who really want the job. You'll be lucky if you get hired anywhere.
This WAS true, in some ways, but not any more. By 1 Aug, 2013, EVERY -121 pilot will have to have an ATP, so the regionals have to hire pilots with enough hours so they can be at approx. 1500 total and get their ATPs inside of two years. If they don't have the ATP by then, they will have to stop flying!

I was out of aviation for 10 years, not by choice. I got back in, and now have a great job. This year (my 2nd at my current job) I will make the most money I have ever made, and I really enjoy the job a lot!

Good luck!

cliff
CHS
PS-Getting your ATP (if u don't have it) will help a lot.

Latest resources

Back