Resume Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thought that might be it!

Wish I had that much time when I was under 23. On second thought I'd just be happy to be under 33 again.

Good Luck!!

I wouldnt put in XC time unless you have alot of extra space on your resume to put in flight time breakdowns.. I would make a column for "Last 90 days" and "121 flight time". to get hired at most airlines now they want to see some previous 121 time if you have it, make sure they see it on your resume and cover letter and also they will like to know how much flying you have been doing recently, so last 90 days column will give them a idea that you are hopefully flying alot.

a breakdown something like:

TOTAL TIME
PIC
121 PIC or 135 PIC
121 SIC or 135 PIC
Turbojet
Multiengine
Single-engine
Instrument (simulated and actual)
Night
Last 90 days

definitly leave the cross-country bull$hit off you resume.
Nobody cares

Maybe give some indication of age - like college degree graduation year....so they know why you maybe dont have an ATP...this is assuming these people do not know you personally.

Nobody wants to hire someone without an ATP if it looks like they SHOULD have one (even though the rating is pretty dumb).

Hey, cant you get age waivers for that??? maybe not...

B52

Mil,

A few years ago the FAA changed the regulations concerning cross country time. The requirement used to be you had to land at another airport more than 50 miles away. I had several students working on their ATP's from a nearby SAC base that had that problem. hey had all kinds of X-C time they couldn't log as such because of that requirement.

As for showing X-C time on your resume, if the company has a X-C time requirement, you will need to show it somewhere. Remember, not all companies have a pilot do the initial selection of resumes. If it is someone like a secreutary, she will only go by what the requirements read.

It's something to keep in mind

Latest resources

Back