Resume Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CesnaCaptn

I have about 3000 hours and I am applying for a job. I broke down my flight time into Total, turbine, turbojet, night, sic, pic and instructor pilot. Does anyone think cross country time is necessary on a resume? If I have a choice between someone walking in my resume right now without cross country time on it or waiting an indefinite period of time before applying, what would you do?

The only way to be absolutely sure you will NOT get hired is to not apply. Turn in what you have while your buddy is willing to walk it in. Then you can update after that.

Nope

I wouldn't bother with x-ctry time. I think most folks assume a professional pilot has beaucoup x-ctry time.

If that's not the case - don't throw it out there for a prospective employer to see - and possibly dismiss you as a canidate - before you get a chance to meet with him/her in person and wow them with your charm and wit.

This is not intended to bust your balls but having some experience interviewing F/O candidates I'd be asking this question first.
(based on your profile) Why, with nearly 3000 hours, don't you have your ATP???????????
As an interviewer that was a big red flag that went up with me many times. Never could understand how someone who met all the requirements, did not have this ticket punched, especially since it was one of the easier check-rides as I recall.
Like I said, just brought this up because of your profile only indicates multi. and to answer your question, don't worry about the cc time. Never had anyone ask me about it and I've been through more than 12 interviews in the past 10 years.

Good Luck.

Hey Rice

Luv Those Golden Thigh Spreaders!

I know, politically uncorrect - but we use to call em that!

Consider it a history lesson for you neophytes!

Know what you mean

I gave up on political correctness back in '91 and after Pat Schroeder. Every once in a while I'll take 'em out to see if they still work. Silly me for questioning their power.

Okay everyone, Flame on!!

As one who has done pilot selection in the past, I would say put X-c time on your resume. In my experience, I used it along with instrument time to get a better feel for the applicant. And to see if his/her flight times matched their resume. And I have been told by others in the same position that they do the same. If it is way out of line, I would consider leaving it off. Like the poor smuck that spent 20 years flying B-52's. Got 7000 hours of B-52 PIC and can only log less than 400 hours as cross country because he almost always landed at the same airport he took off from.

There are some companies that will not consider you at all because you leave it off. They generally have very specific requirements. And generally a non-pilot oriented person sorting through the resumes. If you don't have it listed, they just assume you don't have any. Just something to keep in mind.

I don't meet the applicability

Rice,

Actually I don't meet all the requirements for the ATP yet. Most people don't even realize it. If you can figure out why, you're quicker than most!

Latest resources

Back