Reserve callout?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Doggiepaddle

I would really appreciate some feedback on reserve callout times at different regionals. If you could also include info on different types of reserve? As in ready, long call or short call? How is the bid structured? Plesae include airline.

Thank you in advance,
Doggiepaddle

1 hour to sign-in at Piedmont.

Something that we're embarrassed to admit. We have some pretty poor RSV language in our Contract. Those who negotiated our contract up to this point, have been senior and haven't sat RSV in 15 years.

2 hour callout at ASA, no long call or airport reserve

Reserve periods:
0500-2000
0600-2100
0700-2200
0800-2300
0900-2400
1000-2400
1200-2400
1800-2400
1900-2400

10 days off per month

nyboilermaker said:
1 hour to sign-in at Piedmont.

Something that we're embarrassed to admit. We have some pretty poor RSV language in our Contract. Those who negotiated our contract up to this point, have been senior and haven't sat RSV in 15 years.

since i might have to start dealing with this as$inine rule
do you guys keep crew sheets to sign your other members in if they're running behind?
or does everyone pretty much only look out for themselves?
and how does it work if your first leg is a deadhead?

shamrock said:
2 hour callout at ASA, no long call or airport reserve

No airport reserve?! Thats beautiful.....

Our reserve "paragraph" sucks at Pinnacle.....

We have 3 Airport Reserve Periods, 1 home reserve period. You can only be called to sit reserve at the airport in domicile. And all ready reserves have to be exhausted to call a home reserve pilot in for ready reserve.

In DTW:

Ready AM: 7:57-16:57
Ready PM: 13:25-22:25
Ready Late: 18:30-22:35
Home: 7:35-21:35 (1.5 hour callout)

Our "airport reserve" is whoever is unlucky enough to come in on the last leg of their trip just about the time scheduling realizes they need someone.

"OK 458, we have you in range and we need the Captain (FO) to call scheduling"

"F*CK!!!!"

1.5 hour call out at CHQ, and yes there is hot reserve but i dont think its been used for quite awhile.

ATA:

Airport Reserve: Exists in theory but never used (they have to pay for a hotel room @ the airport and pay you per diem, so it's never been used that I'm aware of)

Long call : 12 hour callout and 24 hour per day window (12 days off)
Short call : 2 hour callout and 12 hour per day window (14 days off)

SkyWest:

Airport reserve : Used very often when I worked there, 20 minute callout.

Short call : 1.5 hour callout and 12 hour window. (10 or 11 days off)

Last edited:
We have 2 hour call out at Air Whiskey for regualr reserve. Scheduling will assign you reserve times the night before if you are on regular reserve. We also have long call reserve on relief lines only. That is a 48 hour call out I believe. i.e. call Monday for any assignments for Wednesday. We have airport reserve as well. Not to sure on the hours though.

American Eagle:
2 hour call out to sign in time. We have airport ready reserve. We also have a proffering system that allows us to bid for open trips the next day. If you are sitting home reserve one day, and decide to proffer for a trip that starts at 9pm the next night, and you get awarded that trip, then you are released until 9pm the next night. The proffers are awarded at 5pm central time, and are awarded based on seniority. 10 days off

Latest resources

Back