Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Andy

12/13/2012
It's my understanding (someone had posted this) that Delta caps maximum hours while pilots are on furlough. Is it possible for someone to post the furlough language from Delta's contract or PM it to me? I think that this would be a much better template for all contracts going forward than a no furlough clause.
Thanks in advance.

Andy,

I remember it being capped at 75 hours during those furloughs after 9-11, but I don't know if it is still capped, since there is now a flowdown to Compass/Mesaba. Other websites may have the answers too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks; I googled for the info but no joy. I shot FDJ2 and ACL65 a PM as you suggested.
I'm more interested in the 75 hour cap than a flowdown. I think that would help mitigate furloughs more than a flowdown.
Unions used to be based on sharing the pain. ALPA needs to bring the sharing the pain concept back to the contracts.

Andy,

I remember it being capped at 75 hours during those furloughs after 9-11, but I don't know if it is still capped, since there is now a flowdown to Compass/Mesaba. Other websites may have the answers too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How nice. The flowthrough is capped at Compass for only those already on property by Aug 2010, and the 100 or so Mesaba flowthroughs. That's it. BUT, for the flowBACK, there's almost no cap. Theoretically, once the 250 or so Compass pilots flow and are done, there would be no more flow to Delta, yet, Delta can always flow back to Compass and bump out the guys that never even had a chance to flow to Delta. Amazing, that's pretty arrogant of your double-breasted leadership to set that deal up. If you're gonna take flowthroughs, good, but if there's ever a flowback, it should always equal no more than the amount that flowthroughed in the first place.

Look how Eagle turned out. Thank god an arbitrator decided that enough was enough, and that Eagle deserves to have at least as many guys flow up as they did flowback.

How nice. The flowthrough is capped at Compass for only those already on property by Aug 2010, and the 100 or so Mesaba flowthroughs. That's it. BUT, for the flowBACK, there's almost no cap. Theoretically, once the 250 or so Compass pilots flow and are done, there would be no more flow to Delta, yet, Delta can always flow back to Compass and bump out the guys that never even had a chance to flow to Delta. Amazing, that's pretty arrogant of your double-breasted leadership to set that deal up. If you're gonna take flowthroughs, good, but if there's ever a flowback, it should always equal no more than the amount that flowthroughed in the first place.

Look how Eagle turned out. Thank god an arbitrator decided that enough was enough, and that Eagle deserves to have at least as many guys flow up as they did flowback.

Unless there is another 9-11 or gas goes to $8 a gallon, I doubt that will be an issue. There are also 2000 age 65 retirements coming up within the next 5-6 years, so that should take up any slack if there is a problem. If things get tight for hiring, then maybe there will be an amendment to that flowup rule. Good luck at Qatari.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back