Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Various friends of mine still at Lynx have overheard RAH guys on the jumpseat or on the crew bus spewing how angry they are at management; yet they will also say they can't wait until they are going to be flying the Airbus. There's also some FO's in Denver that have said they refuse to upgrade until their senority allows them to hold Denver. This is the group of pilots that makes up RAH. Pilots that don't care they put Lynx guys or Midwest guys on the street. Or care if they put Frontier guys on the street. It's just sad.

I was offered a preferential hiring with Republic and I turned it down. Bartending and reffing hockey is much more appealing to me.

I've been here 7 years (RAH) and in the pass year+ I haven't here nothing like that... but ofcourse your friend or you are not trying to put anger here at all!!! no no no his or your "overheard" is legit!! HA...please.

Mr. Ex Fapa President,

Instead of trying to figure out who I am, look in the mirror and find out who you are? Next time you throw catered parties for F9 managers, make sure they dont influence you to do the wrong thing.

CYA

It was a nice party. No one on either side of Management or the Union were influenced in anyway at the party or by the party.

Once (if) you gain some experience and lose some of your us-against-them angst, you'll realize that there is a time to flight for the contract, the polices, the grievances, the terminations, etc. and at the end of the day both Union and Management have a job to do.

Once that job is done, reasonable people on both sides recognize that we're all in this together, respect some of the people on either side and relationships grow out of mutual respect.

I've had shouting matches with Labor Relations over the years, there have been periods that we didn't even speak in passing, but a week or month later had lunch with them (we trade off on who buys).

It actually pays off to not hate each other. Of course that was the old Frontier. I have no idea how these relations will go with Ford & Harrison, BB and especially WH. I'm afraid my expectations are not high.

You get this experience from volunteering, working for the Union and the pilots or becoming an elected BoD member, not standing on the sidelines screaming when you have no knowledge or experience. Or even worse screaming when none of it affects you any longer.

The sooner we all realize that the real enemy is bedford and not ourselves the better off we will be.

With respect to the Frontier pilots (especially the FOs), Bedford may or may not be the real enemy. That is yet to be determined.

But the current real threat is at hand. That threat is the seat/seniority grab by the RAH pilots. If they are successful in their proposed SLI, current Frontier junior captains and all FOs may as well start shopping for a new job.

And that makes any later possible battle with Bedford inconsequential.

With respect to the Frontier pilots (especially the FOs), Bedford may or may not be the real enemy. That is yet to be determined.
But the current real threat is at hand. That threat is the seat/seniority grab by the RAH pilots. If they are successful in their proposed SLI, current Frontier junior captains and all FOs may as well start shopping for a new job.

+1
Hopefully F-9 will be sold off to B6 or some other mainline before the pillaging of our seniority list commences. To be fair, there are a lot of cool pilots that got stuck at RAH. I place the blame for the proposed rape of the F-9 seniority list on the IBT.

Various friends of mine still at Lynx have overheard RAH guys on the jumpseat or on the crew bus spewing how angry they are at management; yet they will also say they can't wait until they are going to be flying the Airbus. There's also some FO's in Denver that have said they refuse to upgrade until their senority allows them to hold Denver. This is the group of pilots that makes up RAH. Pilots that don't care they put Lynx guys or Midwest guys on the street. Or care if they put Frontier guys on the street. It's just sad.

I was offered a preferential hiring with Republic and I turned it down. Bartending and reffing hockey is much more appealing to me.

I can tell you're just venting, kind of like the girl that got dumped and is just looking for some comfort from her friends. I guess you need to head over to the Hockey Reffing Forum and Bartending message boards because your pity party isn't going to get any consoling here. Have a look around, nobody is happy.

Your post is so blatant I just couldn't resist. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What were they supposed to do dueces... Propose that the pilots on their own seniority list be stapled to the bottom.
Of yours??

No one is advocating a staple in this SLI, well except for the IBT. I guess that is what you call it when you propose putting the top 300 at a regional airline in front of everyone else. What a joke! I have no problems with most RP guys / gals, but the IBT leadership is a different story.

With all due respect, the F9 SLI proposal did, in fact, suggest stapling all the RAH pilots below all the F9 pilots and half the YX pilots.

Yes, yes- apples to oranges, real pilots to regional pilots. However, a staple job is still a staple job.

I also think the top 300 thing is BS.

Latest resources

Back