Would you join a regional pilots union?

• yes

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • no

Votes: 29 29.6%

• Total voters

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
If a new Pilots union were here today, and would represent all pilots equally for the purposes of collective bargaining would you leave ALPA and come onboard?
Or join if unaffiliated?
PBR

PBRstreetgang said:
If a new Pilots union were here today, and would represent all pilots equally for the purposes of collective bargaining would you leave ALPA and come onboard?
Or join if unaffiliated?
PBR
What could it hurt? Lord knows that Duane Woerth won't be happy until all of us "regional pilots" are either working as greeters at Wal-Mart or stocking light fixtures at Lowes to make way for the "real pilots".:mad:

Who is going to pay the bills? 2% of the pittiful salaries in the regional airline buisness is not going to go very far.

What could it hurt? Lord knows that Duane Woerth won't be happy until all of us "regional pilots" are either working as greeters at Wal-Mart or stocking light fixtures at Lowes to make way for the "real pilots".

That was an extreamly ignorant comment.

Hey,
2% of the current regional pilots payscale is not alot but at least you would be spending it on representation directed towards the pilot not mainline companies shareholders. 2% of any increases would increase the coffers of the proposed union. What if, after a certain amount(war chest) in the bank, the remainder was returned to the members own retirement 401(k)? Currently the regional airlines are hiring(as a whole), and mainline is shrinking. ALPA wouldn't work for me, I don't think it's working that well for the regional pilot's now, what do you propose, do nothing and see what happens?
Can any regional pilot give me specific examples how APLA has enhanced/improved their current contract?
PBR

Can any regional pilot give me specific examples how APLA has enhanced/improved their current contract?

ALPA does not do anything for anyone. They provide the tools and resources for independent MEC's to negotiatiate thier own contracts. If your company has a crappy contract it is a reflection of your negotiating committee and your pilot group, not ALPA.

Can you give an example of how ALPA has underminded the efforts of your MEC?

DoinTime said:
That was an extreamly ignorant comment. [/B]
And just who in the hell are you that you can determine the validity or "ignorance" of a particular comment or expression. It was not directed at you or any particular pilot group. Just the supposed "leadership" at ALPA. But I guess that you are the official arbitor of what is sensible commentary on this board.

DoinTime is exactly right! Your union is only as strong as your own pilot group. ALPA, or any other union for that matter, will just give you resources to make your pilot group's contract better. It's an employee groups right to use the collective bagaining agreement, not someone else to do it for you.

This thread sounds like the attitude from alot of people these days. "It's always someone elses fault that I can't get what I deserve."

Just venting a little from some peoples attitudes!

Last edited:
And just who in the hell are you that you can determine the validity or "ignorance" of a particular comment or expression. It was not directed at you or any particular pilot group. Just the supposed "leadership" at ALPA. But I guess that you are the official arbitor of what is sensible commentary on this board.

Your comment was directly solely at Duane Worth, who is the chairman of MY Union. You have made this every bit my business. Your insinuation that DW stays up at night plotting new ways to screw you over is downright paranoid and shows your level of comprehension in this business and our Union.

I stand by my comments towards you. They were dead on target.

DoinTime said:
Your comment was directly solely at Duane Worth, who is the chairman of MY Union. You have made this every bit my business. Your insinuation that DW stays up at night plotting new ways to screw you over is downright paranoid and shows your level of comprehension in this business and our Union.

I stand by my comments towards you. They were dead on target.
The only thing dead on target is your obvious arrogance toward a position that does not agree with your own. And it is NOT YOUR UNION, but the union of 40,000+ members that I feel sure don't share YOUR viewpoint(or even my own) at various times. I simply made a comment in frustration, YOU have chosen to take it personally(by the tone of your response anyway). I stand by MY comment concerning the arrogant tone of your response, not you. It is dead on target as well! You have NO right or reason to question my "level of comprehension" about this business anymore than I have that right to question your own. Just who do you think you are?? I disagree with MANY posts and discussions I have seen on this forum. I just have the grace to realize that these are VIEWS AND OPINIONS of others, nothing more. I may not agree with you TIME, but I am certainly NOT going to chastise or belittle you for posting your own thoughts or opinions. Where I come from, its stil a free country with the ability to express yourself.

Latest resources

Back