• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Would you join a regional pilots union?

• yes

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • no

Votes: 29 29.6%

• Total voters
A dog can't serve two Masters and mainline airlines serve better Alpo.

Regional pilots need a regional union.

Hey.
I wasn't implying that ALPA was evil or Duane was the anti-christ. My point was to find out how the various pilots felt about their union. I was ALPA at Trans-States and felt the pilot group was closer and more in tune than any group I have ever worked with. The tone and expertise of ALPA national sets the attitude of the contract negotiations, and I haven't been impressed with the contracts that came during good times, and totally disappointed with the recent ones. I just think ALPA is oriented towards mainline, not regionals.
PBR

Alpa's latest corruption entails the co authorship in the crafting of Jets for Jobs at U. with any Professional pilots nightmare the union busting Law firm of FORD and HARRISON (Atl. Ga.). Alpa needed a little professional help crafting a document which replaced 20 year Alpa pilots (Commuter Trash) with 3 year Alpa pilots(Real Airline pilots). The sad chapter to this fraud is that the "Commuter Trash" have the pleasure of sending the 1.95% to Duane and his new Buddy from U ,Ex MECC Chrissy Beebe. With this pair at the helm of Alpa the "Commuter Trash" will be sending there first born to Alpa via a assessment to fund our fraternal brother's flying "real" airliners at the major airlines. For the last 15 years the Administrators at Alpa have used the "Commuter Trash" the same way the donkey's are used in a Mexican border town.

Alpa's latest corruption entails the co authorship in the crafting of Jets for Jobs at U. with any Professional pilots nightmare the union busting Law firm of FORD and HARRISON (Atl. Ga.). Alpa needed a little professional help crafting a document which replaced 20 year Alpa pilots (Commuter Trash) with 3 year Alpa pilots(Real Airline pilots). The sad chapter to this fraud is that the "Commuter Trash" have the pleasure of sending the 1.95% to Duane and his new Buddy from U ,Ex MECC Chrissy Beebe. With this pair at the helm of Alpa the "Commuter Trash" will be sending there first born to Alpa via a assessment to fund our fraternal brother's flying "real" airliners at the major airlines. For the last 15 years the Administrators at Alpa have used the "Commuter Trash" the same way the donkey's are used in a Mexican border town.

You are referring to US Airways ALPA. Believe it or not ALPA National did not negotiate J4J on the behalf of the US Airways MEC. The deal was struck between US Airways ALPA, US Airways, and their respective codeshare partners (wholly owned or not). Like I said earlier, all MEC's are free to negotiate for themselves.

All regional pilots work at contract carriers flying a brand name for some other carrier. The brand name does not belong to them and therefor they don't have any entitlements associated with that flying. If a mainline carrier chooses to impose new rules on their contract carriers and the service agreement allows for it the contract carrier is going to have suck it up or lose the contract. US Airways brand flying belongs to US Airways. They can (within limits) do whatever they want with it. Unfortunately the contract carriers MEC's are not players in the power struggle.

If you want your MEC to be in more control go work for a carrier that doesn't do contract work for someone else.

Doing Time- You don't know what your talking about. Get your facts straight before you spout the Alpa line. PSA,PDT and ALG are OWNED by U. We didn't ask to be bought. UNDERSTAND? U is a wholly owned of U Group, the same as ALG, PSA and PDT. Your statement "each MEC negotiate for themselves." Which is great in ALPA's fraudulent negotiation tactics. They have sold that fraud for 15 years. My hats off to the RJDC and Mr. Ford with the character to place ALPA into insolvency where they belong.

If you want your MEC to represent you, don't have Alpa represent you. It analogous to asking Bill Clinton to babysit your teenage daughter.

There is none so blind as the person with eyeballs which refuse's to open them and look outside there own eyelids.:)

Catbird said:

There is none so blind as the person with eyeballs which refuse's to open them and look outside there own eyelids.:)

In my best Butthead voice:

Uuuugh.....What the hell are you talking about, Beavis?

Doing Time- You don't know what your talking about. Get your facts straight before you spout the Alpa line. PSA,PDT and ALG are OWNED by U. We didn't ask to be bought. UNDERSTAND? U is a wholly owned of U Group, the same as ALG, PSA and PDT.

If you haven't figured it out yet, you never will.

Mr. Butthead voice- Please I thought piloting a aircraft required attention to detail. I understood your rebuttal after I noticed your nametag. I realized a long time ago the essence of true superiority. My crew was waiting in a crew van at the hotel to drive to the A/P when the Delta contingent strolled down to the lobby. The fine attired superior Captain looked in the van and stated to the driver. " We don't ride with other crews". He had the look of a person who had swallowed a kitty litter box. The driver said fine. Closed the doors, jumped in and left the "Superior ones" curbside. We tipped that fine man well. I see your training is progressing in "Superior Airmen" fashion.

RJDC in 2003. They will help Alpa figure it out.

"Saddle up Mr Van driver, the Delta crew rides solo. "

Let's see, a regional pilot's union would:

1. Abandon ALPA's legal, financial and political resources.
2. Fight with zeal to get increasingly larger aircraft onto regional payscales as management cheers from the bleachers. Today 70 seaters, tommorow 777s. "We'll only fly the A380 at 50 seat rates for 18 months, then we'll negotiate in good faith."
3. Jettison any chance of single seniority lists within each airline brand.
4. Trade relationships that can be made to work (Cal, Calex) for downrgiht acidic and destructive enmity (AA, AE). Mainline/regional relationships aren't always peachy, UsAir, Delta, etc, but at least the reps show up to talk to each other.

Yippee, where do I sign up for this abortion? Somebody has a great idea: "Lets divide the union." Well then it isn't a union anymore, is it. It would be just fantastic if regional pilots would crack open a book on labor relations or economics just once, instead of gleaning all so-called wisdom from similarly ignorant coworkers in the cockpit and on the bloody internet. The past is bound to repeat itself. Start here: "Hard Landing", Thomas Petzinger. "Flying the Line", vols I and II, and "The Airline Pilots," George Hopkins. "Confessions of a Union Buster," Martin Jay Levitt. "Collision with Collusion" J.T. Bertrand. "Macroeconomics," McGraw-Hill.

Lets take a look beautiful-

Your statement-
1. Abandon ALPA's legal, financial and political resources.

Reply- I've experienced Alpa legal at work, friends like that you don't need enemies. Financial you say. 1.95% for JFJ's. I pass on that to. Political resources- I believe PAC's are ALL corruption in a veiled form. Alpa is a perfect fit on that point.

2. Fight with zeal to get increasingly larger aircraft onto regional payscales as management cheers from the bleachers. Today 70 seater's, tomorrow 777s. "We'll only fly the A380 at 50 seat rates for 18 months, then we'll negotiate in good faith."

Your fraternal mindspeak is showing- Why doesn't Alpa take a stand of all pilots are equal and stand on this line of defense. Sure would make it difficult to bargain with someone else's career though for Mainline gain, so Alpa wouldn't do that.

3. Jettison any chance of single seniority lists within each airline brand.

PLEEEEEESE- That would require a leadership role. You are joking aren't you? A mainline 4 year pilot becoming junior to a 25 year "Commuter Trash" substandard pilot? Are one better a military pilot required to sit right seat in a commuter? Hurry to the Emergency room before it's to late.

4. Trade relationships that can be made to work (Cal, Calex) for downright acidic and destructive enmity (AA, AE). Mainline/regional relationships aren't always peachy, UsAir, Delta, etc, but at least the reps show up to talk to each other.

Talk to each other- The MEC's which represent the "Commuter Trash" go much further than talk. Our MECC is going steady with our mainline MECC with Alpa National supplying the money for those vigorous sessions. Too bad the "Commuter Trash" line pilot receives a peck on the cheek. Alpa is well versed in these interludes. Alg's ex MECC is a prime example of a perfect romance and communication partner. He made it to the big "Administrator Cathouse". Without him just think where ALG would be these day's?

The men who are described in "Flying the Line 1 & 2" had character. The few I knew from the book looked upon Alpa today as a shell of what it was. Started with Duffy and has reached a level of self serving with Worthless that it has redefined the meaning of No leadership. More like the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Worthless".

Latest resources

Back