ready to drink blue-who's getting called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DLRedline,

Congrats on getting the nod. How did they contact you, e-mail? Are they sending you a package? Do you have your choice of interview times? Is it on the 25th?

Anybody know over what general time period the interview offers go out? I figure if it's all computer they might get sent as a mass e-mail blast on one day only. Anybody know if they are staggering sending the invitations over a few days or should I give up hope for this round?

Again DLRedline best of luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and pray I get to meet you on the 25th!

Counselair:)

JetBlue

CounselAir,

Got an email from Bernice Murphy, JetBlue Pilot Recruitment. Asked to email or call (did both). She's calling back everybody who has left a message later today. Only date provided in the email is June 25th. I honestly don't know if this was a mass emailing. When I know more I'll be happy to pass it along.

DL

CounselAir,

When I interviewed in March, I received an invite approximately one week after a friend of mine received his. So I think that there is still a possiblitiy that you could receive an invitation.

Best of luck,
backflip

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies. I'll just have to cool my heels a little longer. I'm starting to get frost bite.

Counselair:)

According to my horescope . . . . "I'll recieve news of great importance on the 26th of May" So I've got that going for me. I'll keep checking the email.

Sunburn

Sunburn,

With regards to how JetBlue was supposed to be calling folks in for interviews, here is what I was told when I applied 15 months ago. They said there were these "buckets" - one for military, one for regional, one for "major" guys, one for prior A320 experience, etc. So as to get a broad cross section of experience, they would pull "X" number of names from each bucket and call them for interviews. Then they'd hire whoever they really liked. By my count there are very few military pilots available these days as compared to the various civilian background pilots in those other buckets. If they are taking the same number from each bucket, the odds are that you probably shouldn't have to wait a tremendously long time to get the call.

Having said this, I don't know if this is the method they are using for interview selection these days. It may have gone to who has the most experience since they have gotten a solid base of pilots. In any case good luck.

Change in JetBlue internal LOR's

Folks,

Spoke with the lady from JetBlue today regarding my upcoming interview (my first contact with JetBlue hiring and it was a very pleasant experience). Apparently they have a change of policy regarding your internal letters of recommendation. In the recent past, these were to be posted by computer using the applicants application number and PIN number. Apparently they have had some type of difficulty with this method, and are now requesting that each applicant bring a hard copy of their internal LOR's with them to the interview. My suggestion is that if you have had someone within JetBlue write you a LOR via the computer with the old method, simply ask them to send you a hard copy for your files so you can bring it with you to your future interview. This may facilitate your application process and make things easier on you and the PHC at JetBlue.

Good luck everyone.

DL

?????????????????????

dlredline,

You say your furloughed AAA but you were a Capt on the 73 there. I know mainline went back pretty far but I didn't think they went back that far. I wasn't aware that anyone who was a Capt pre 911 getting furloughed.

Also your now at a regional as a capt on the RJ it looks like. I assume you were hired post 911 as thats when U started to furlough, so which regional did you get on with that allowed an upgrade on the RJ with less than 2 years senority?

Unless I'm reading wrong, which wouldn't be the first time, something doesn't add up.

Never mind, I put 2 and 2 together. Figured it out. Emailed a bro at U who set me straight in 3 mins. Now I know why it took me 4.5 years plus 2 summer terms to boot to get thru college.

Anyway good luck with the JB thing. Hope you get it, thats on less ML guy we WO guys need to worry about. (thats not ment to be a smart a$$ed remark)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back