ready to drink blue-who's getting called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sunburn

After reading this site for the last year or so I am thoroughly depressed. Subject says it all!!! I've seen the light, maybe JBLU really is the wave of the future. Who can argue with the efficiency rates they are posting? Sign me up with the best new company out there!

So here I sit just trying to get an interview but no one that I know has been called. What's the min number? Who got called on the last interview? How many interviewed? I do know a couple of people flying for the company, but they say bringing my name up would be a kiss of death. Any insight from inside? I know HR reads these posts..........

Just to reiterate-- knowing someone here at jetBlue will NOT get you an interview. However, once interviewed, a LOR from a JBLU employee will most likely help in the Phase II selection.

All I know is last interview was 30 Apr.

Next one is 25 Jun.

Run a search for more details.

"Welcome to the party pal!"

Good Luck,

Counselair:cool:

Thanks for the reply's, but I guess what I'm really getting at is what are the profiles and flight times of who got called on the last interview cycle and how many got the call.

The rumor that I've heard (And I want to make sure that everyone know's this is completely unfounded) was meeting all the min qualifications and somewhere around 4000 flight hours.

I'm also curious what weighted factors are being used --i.e. what the break down of military vs civilian vs furlough vs (Don't say it but here it is) minority and age. Hopefully a broad mix is there and from the friends I've talked to, JBLU takes great efforts to see that it is. It simply would be nice to figure out what category that I'm in to determine prospective chances.

Sunburn

PS. I want to have a cool graphic like I keep seeing. Which link lets me upload my own?

sunburn said:
PS. I want to have a cool graphic like I keep seeing. Which link lets me upload my own?

Go to User cp,
edit options,
scroll down to change avatar,
enter URL or file on you machine where it says Browse

I can't figure out what it takes to get an interview with JB. It's a dream job for me now, but they don't seem interested. I got a bagload of flight time, lots of PIC in the MD80 series as well as the DC9 and I'm furloughed from United after flying FO on the 300/500. I've got a college degree, never actually been convicted of anything and my momma said that I was pretty.

I don't get it. I could understand not getting hired, but I would think that I would be pretty competitive for an interview.

I first applied on Sep 12, 2001 and have updated often.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

JetBlue Interview

All,

Got the notice today for my interview on June 25th. You can tell by my profile that I have lots of time, furloughed USAir where I also flew as Captain on the 737, now a Captain for a regional, over 10k total, 5000 PIC of which 3000 is Turbine PIC, all civilian, and dadgum excited to be heading to interview with a company I first applied to last August. Best of luck to each of you.

Sincerely,

DL

Last edited:
DLRedline,

Congrats on the interview. I wish that I were you. We seem to be pretty competitive, except you have more type ratings and I have more turbine and jet PIC.

Best of luck. It looks like a great operation.

JetBlue

Stanky,

Please feel free to PM me anytime. I'll be happy to also give you the scoop on the interview when I'm done, although there's really a lot of good information on this website. My prayers are with you and your family, and hope you hear something very soon.

Sincerely,

DL

Latest resources

Back