• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Raytheon Aircraft got sold -- it's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They already have the stretched version. It is called putting a fake window sticker behind the last window. I didn't believe it, until I saw it at NBAA. I can't belive they do that, once more I can't believe customers buy off on it!

They already have the stretched version. It is called putting a fake window sticker behind the last window. I didn't believe it, until I saw it at NBAA. I can't belive they do that, once more I can't believe customers buy off on it!

It was actually a Customer that came up with the idea. Based here in Atlanta. He just thought it looked better. I think it does too. After he did it, People saw the option and others started doing it as well. It is not an attractive airplane, so like an Astra, paint can make or break its appearance.

They ought to put one on the bottom too. Sort of a glass bottom boat look.You have to admit that it is kind funny!!

The Rich person's ego is often a strange thing, but I guess it keeps many of us employed.

Adding windows to the 390, and subtracting windows from the 400a... makes sense to me.

Well having flown the 400, the early 400a and a two less windows 400a or XP if you prefer, it amazes me how much quieter the cabin is without the window and some better sound proofing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the "missing window". I fly one with the missing window(s), and I think it looks better. It's a shame they made 324 400A's with 2 covered up windows. Our 400A is fat; I'm curious as to the actual weight savings with 2 less windows.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the "missing window". I fly one with the missing window(s), and I think it looks better. It's a shame they made 324 400A's with 2 covered up windows. Our 400A is fat; I'm curious as to the actual weight savings with 2 less windows.

Our 400a is in the mid 300's and weighs 10550 empty. I don't think it was as much weight as noise -- trying to quiet down the fan buzz.

Interesting thought on the noise. I'll keep an ear out.

Ours is mid 300s as well, and our BEW is 10574. We just removed 37 lbs, and we have no airshow nor aircell.

Latest resources

Back