• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

quick question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was about to quote 135.101, but I just realized he said he'll be flying Pt. 91.

I'd make sure his captain has his/her CFI-AIM and log it as dual received, with a signature of course. That's what I did when I was flying the King Air, and my logbook has passed a few inspections including one by an FAA safety inspector!

Not to be sarcastic, but when does one have their logbook inspected by an FAA safety inspector?

Not to be sarcastic, but when does one have their logbook inspected by an FAA safety inspector?

I got my type rating in the Beechjet not too long ago, and had a 15 hour Supervised Operating Experience limitation placed on my certificate.

Went to the local FSDO a month later to have the limitation removed, and instead of just looking at my ~15 SOE hours in the Beechjet, the two FAA guys decide to flip through page by page my entire logbook. They were cool about it, and said they just wanted to see what I've been flying and where all I've been flying. :cool:

I got my type rating in the Beechjet not too long ago, and had a 15 hour Supervised Operating Experience limitation placed on my certificate.

Went to the local FSDO a month later to have the limitation removed, and instead of just looking at my ~15 SOE hours in the Beechjet, the two FAA guys decide to flip through page by page my entire logbook. They were cool about it, and said they just wanted to see what I've been flying and where all I've been flying. :cool:

There's a pucker factor five for ya.

Great way to get some valuable experience... however you will need to get some real hard flying in before you get to PIC any turbine a/c.... you'll need at least 2000 hours before anyone will take you serious.. It's a pilots market out there and good things come to those who wait.

If you are looking for a career:

When commuters are hiring at minimum time into the right seat of JET aircraft on airplanes that actually require a SIC, I would suggest getting your experience there.

You'll develop good habits and in a year have real time to transition to a great Part 91 gig if you want. Then the pay will go up dramatically.

If its for fun 250/day seems like a minimum.

GOOD LUCK!

Latest resources

Back