Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

epic!

Hello all,
I'm am soon to begin my fly career doing some 91 work in the right seat of a king air. I have not talked specifics with the future employers but how much can I expect to make? I live in the south east and have very low time. I'm not doing this job solely for the money but I would like to make enough to cover my basic living expenses. Thanks

What type of King Air? If your real low time you probably will not get paid much in a 200 and below. You are not really required and your pay will reflect it. But it also depends on how much they use you. If you do not have that much time maybe $250-$300 a day. Good luck

When I was at Raytheon, we used to start low time Be-200 / 90 Co-pilots at $32,000 + Bennies. They flew 3-400 hours per year. Hope that helps.

When I was at Raytheon, we used to start low time Be-200 / 90 Co-pilots at $32,000 + Bennies. They flew 3-400 hours per year. Hope that helps.

What would piston PIC's get? How long before the Co-Pilot's would get moved to piston PIC?

What would piston PIC's get? How long before the Co-Pilot's would get moved to piston PIC?

I did not have any piston aircraft. We had a Beechjet, a Diamond, B200's, C90-B, and F-90. Next step was Jet SIC then King Air PIC. King Air SIC training was in house. King Air PIC and all Jet training was done at Flight Safety. As a General rule I let the Jet SIC's type on the aircraft. Pay went to the low 40's as Jet SIC, then 50-ish for King Ar PIC. That was 7 years ago.

Hello all,
I'm am soon to begin my fly career doing some 91 work in the right seat of a king air. I have not talked specifics with the future employers but how much can I expect to make? I live in the south east and have very low time. I'm not doing this job solely for the money but I would like to make enough to cover my basic living expenses. Thanks

You ARE doing this job for the money! Private pilots fly for free, professional pilots fly for money! If they don't need you don't get in the airplane, if they do need you, do it for at least indusrty pay. We all need just enough to cover our basic living expenses, don't lower the bar for what the job requires just to build time. If you are willing to accept the absolute minimum they will give you the absolute minimum. You are NOT begging them for a job if you have earned the ratings to be there. Good luck, the King Air 200 is a great airplane.

You ARE doing this job for the money! Private pilots fly for free, professional pilots fly for money! If they don't need you don't get in the airplane, if they do need you, do it for at least indusrty pay. We all need just enough to cover our basic living expenses, don't lower the bar for what the job requires just to build time. If you are willing to accept the absolute minimum they will give you the absolute minimum. You are NOT begging them for a job if you have earned the ratings to be there. Good luck, the King Air 200 is a great airplane.

AMEN. $250/day, plus expenses - minimum.

How well do they pay other pilots? Is it a day rate or salary? How about expenses and other bennies?? Find out what the industry average is paying down there and don't settle for less. I know you are not in it solely for the money, but many pilots are and we need people to start raising the bar instead of lowering it (not directed at you). Good luck, the King Air is a fantastic plane to fly.

How are you going to log it? SIC king air is not really sic. It only requires an SIC for insurance purposes. I never entered ANY SIC time in a King Air because I didn't know that I could. If I am wrong, I need to put that time in the 'ole log book.

How are you going to log it? SIC king air is not really sic. It only requires an SIC for insurance purposes. I never entered ANY SIC time in a King Air because I didn't know that I could. If I am wrong, I need to put that time in the 'ole log book.

I was about to quote 135.101, but I just realized he said he'll be flying Pt. 91.

I'd make sure his captain has his/her CFI-AIM and log it as dual received, with a signature of course. That's what I did when I was flying the King Air, and my logbook has passed a few inspections including one by an FAA safety inspector!

Latest resources

Back