Questions for NetJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HiSpeedFlyer said:
Dont be obtuse, and dont insult me by calling me a troll.....

I just got a confirming e-mail from HighSpeedFlyer that tells me he is actually a new hire pilot and not a management troll. As I told him in PM, I'd get on here and admit I was mistaken. Welcome aboard man...

Grizz said:
I just got a confirming e-mail from HighSpeedFlyer that tells me he is actually a new hire pilot and not a management troll. As I told him in PM, I'd get on here and admit I was mistaken. Welcome aboard man...

Is that Griz's parrot (avitar) eating crow? ;)

Sorry, I thought it was funny. Just kidding with you, Griz. At least you are man enough to come on here and publically admit when you make a mistake.

BTW - I'm not a troll either although many of you may think of me as the enemy.

Thanks Grizz, I knew you weren't a tool....

See you on the line.

HiSpeed

Grizz said:
I've been here 2 1/2 years and am not anywhere near upgrading. The last 400XP bid went 400 numbers senior to me. Come here now and you'll be 400 numbers junior to me. Do the math and I think you'll figure out that 2 1/2 years is never gonna happen. You had better count on 5 years. That would be a reasonable expectation.

But what happens after that mass exodus you predict? 200 Pilots leaving sound pretty serious. Plus, I understand that there are lots of unhappy ex-121 guys who would jump ship for any job outside NJA, like you said 10-15 a month?

Upgrade should get better not worse, no?

A conservative estimate is there are at least 700 First Officers that are currently drawing Captain's pay. Those guys will all have to upgrade under the new contract to continue to draw Captain's pay. Add to that about 250 first officers on F/O pay already on property. We have a significant number of Captains that desire to change aircraft and a couple of aircraft types that are being retired. Even if 200 pilots decide to leave immediately after ratification, I still don't see upgrades going any lower than 4 years and most likely it'll still be in the 5-6 year time frame. Anyone planning on anything better than that and coming here with that plan is going to be disappointed.

This job has a good amount of potential. I just wouldn't be betting 2 years of my life on it if I wasn't already here. It'd be better to wait until after June to see what happens and then apply. They will still need pilots and you won't get caught up in having to worry about a strike as a probationary pilot.

Latest resources

Back