• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for CRJ pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In level flight in terminal airspace it can take up to ten miles to slow from 250 to 210 knots if you don't use spoilers.

10 miles to slow forty knots clean? WTF, is it a greased pig?

Glass, I agree with you on use of the boards. My first airline gig had a bunch of Pan Am, Eastern, and Braniff guys. The boards are for my mistake, not ATCs.

I non
10 miles to slow forty knots clean? WTF, is it a greased pig?

Glass, I agree with you on use of the boards. My first airline gig had a bunch of Pan Am, Eastern, and Braniff guys. The boards are for my mistake, not ATCs.

I nonreved home tonight on a Usair 321. And guess what, they pulled spoilers..... for an extended period of time. Maybe I should have told the 30 thousand hour captain that he was not a stellar pilot.

Extended time? sounds like it wasn't in level flight and therefore hasn't been argued against by me.

I am NOT against using the spoilers. If you are at cruise altitude and ATC tells you to slow 30 kts and you pull the boards up then that's is what I have saw and what I am speaking of and what I think the op may have been bringing up.

On top of that, if I get a descent that requires them I'm more likely than not gonna say unable and take a vector or a different crossing restriction.

Sure icing or hot without an APU may create circumstance that could change that, but that's the exception and not the rule.

There are two terms in that equation. You evidently are only capable of thinking of one of them. Drag :D Ever wonder why CRJ operaters ride the brakes a lot when taxiing?

Please tell me you were kidding with that post.

Oh God, it doesn't make sense and it's not funny...I think he was serious...

Please please let it just be a dumb joke instead of a truly clueless pilot that could one day be flying me or my family...

If you dont like spoilers in use we could just keep extending and retracting the landing gear... Would that be more comfortable for ya?

Yes, someone is keeping score. It's the passengers. From the TSA making air travel intolerable (not really your fault), to lost bags, to cramped airplanes, to denied boardings, to grumpy CSRs, grumpy FAs to super long PAs from the cockpit to inform nobody who cares what runway we're landing on and it's 85 in MCO with "clear skies" and winds from the South East at 3 kts (no kidding! really?!), to being lied to about what's going on, to spending the night on a CRJ, to super heating a house in Buffalo, to no more food, to paying for checked bags, to paying for carry-ons, to unfair pricing, to disgusting lavs, to uber long advertisements for a stupid airline credit card on the PA that you HAVE to listen to, to the movie getting turned off 10 minutes from the ending, to you SLOWING THE PLANE WITH THE SPOILERS because you don't care about passenger comfort...

Just to name a few. Yes, someone IS keeping score...just like in figure skating. And the smoothness of you landing, unlike times past, is the least of the factors.

Still don't work for Delta, and if I did I'd quit.

You sir need help. Passengers do not care about the spoiler use. Never once in my life did I ever here a passenger complain about using the spoilers too much. Your reasoning is beyond comical. You're probably one of the "geniuses" who turn half bank on right after T/O in ATL on the RNAV departure for "passenger comfort" One day your passenger comfort antics are going to get you a phone number to call and a letter in the mail...

Latest resources

Back