• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Purdy Neat Stuff Roller Bags ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been using a 28" TravelPro....had it for 4 years of NetJets flying. I can pack it for 7 days, its expandable and I've never had a problem with it. $145.00 or there abouts. I'd get another when the time comes. Been using Travel Pro bags for 15 years now.

I don't know what most of you pack on the road, but I have had my PNT Stealth bag, 22" size for 10 years, and have been able to pack for up to 2 weeks in it, 7 days is a breeze if you pack with some common sense. If you pack like some guys that I have seen who bring a different pair of shoes and a different after work shirt and pants for each day, then yes you need the larger bag, but I pack only one extra pair of shoes and bring only 2 casual wear shirts to wear after work, who cares if you wear the same shirt to dinner each night, this will save you plenty of space in your bag

Also, I have the snap on bag attachment, that I put things in, but overall, it was the best $300 I have ever spent on a bag, 10 years and still going, only sent it in once for an upgrade to a stainless steel handle and new zipper, but that was it

dalflyer said:
Save your money and go to COSCO, far cheaper and they'll take it back ANY TIME..

As a costco stockholder I'm disapointed. Not sure how I feel about being a professional airline pilot...maybe embarrased...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
As a costco stockholder I'm disappointed

Don't be. I am a member there even though Sams is only 2 miles from my house and Costco is 15. They have great staff, products and service and can compete price wise with anyone. They stand by their products, and I've personally never had a problem with anything I've bought.

Also, a very satisfied Costco bag customer. I have the 22' model, thinking about upgrading to the 26' (these 7 day trips can be long!).

Will the 26' Costco bag fit in the overhead on the airlines? Do the flt attendants give you any grief? Thanks.

dalflyer said:
Don't be. I am a member there even though Sams is only 2 miles from my house and Costco is 15. They have great staff, products and service and can compete price wise with anyone. They stand by their products, and I've personally never had a problem with anything I've bought.

Well...... at what point is the return rediculous? I mean if you get your money out of the product and you use it and wear/tear it, why should Costco take it back and give out a new one.

This is like draining the oil out of my truck after 5K miles and returning it for free new oil....

I'm sure if guys could do it they would... as long as everyone could do so..right?

That's the rub... if someone can game the system at everyones elses expense, like the threads on the PCL families sueing, then is it egregious. But taking advantage of a liberal return policy is ok.

I know I know...if Costco allows it...why not!

I recently bought a PNT 22" stealth bag and I like it so far. A bit on the heavy side and packing for 6 days isnt a problem. stopoverstore.com has a pretty good price and you dont neet to enter an airline ID to get a discount

I've had a 26" PNT(now Luggageworks.com) bag for 8 years. Steel frame. I have, for the past 6.5 years, packed for 8 day trips in it with absolutely no problem. This includes 8 days of uniforms/undershirts(4 uniform shirts in the winter, 8 in the summer, plus 8 undershirts year round), 2 pairs of uniform pants, underwear and socks for 8 days(8 pairs of white and 8 pairs of black socks), a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, 4 after work T-shirts, 4 pairs of workout shorts, and a pair of tennis shoes.

I've also packed the same into a 22" PNT bag, but it's a much tighter fit. Roll everything up.

I have had the 26' Stealth for years. It is a great bag. Have never had trouble carrying it onto an airline. If you work for a large company you can have the company logo embroidered on it.

FracCapt said:
I've had a 26" PNT(now Luggageworks.com) bag for 8 years. Steel frame. I have, for the past 6.5 years, packed for 8 day trips in it with absolutely no problem. This includes 8 days of uniforms/undershirts(4 uniform shirts in the winter, 8 in the summer, plus 8 undershirts year round), 2 pairs of uniform pants, underwear and socks for 8 days(8 pairs of white and 8 pairs of black socks), a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, 4 after work T-shirts, 4 pairs of workout shorts, and a pair of tennis shoes.

I've also packed the same into a 22" PNT bag, but it's a much tighter fit. Roll everything up.

Can you really pack your summer list in a 22"? If so, you are a packing demi-god. But I would have to see it to believe it.

Latest resources

Back