• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Purdy Neat Stuff Roller Bags ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I Just Bought a Luggage works 26". American's Luggage Nazi's Caught me made me gate check it, to pick up at the bag claim at ORD (Yuck). I asked the American FA if she had any room in crew she scremmed NO Before I even got the words out.(All day for a two hour flight) Sorry did not mean to get on an American Sucks soapbox. You have plenty of room with the 26 inch metal bag even with the General Stalin Overcoat.

Go with the PNT

I have had my Purdy Neat roller since 1998. While I am sending it back in for a new main zipper soon(first time ever to send back for a repair), it has held up extremely well. Sure it costs more but it looks better and lasts longer.

I sent mine (PNT bag) back a few years ago while it was still in warranty because the luggage monkeys bent my frame to the point it wouldn't stand up, I'd hate to see what that would have done to a normal bag...

Anyway, when I got my bag back they had replaced a couple of zippers that were broken, replaced the Jepp bag hook that I had taken off on purpose and a few other tweaks for free. It only cost me the shipping to get it there, not return.

I've had my bag since 2000, it's the 22" version and I have never had a problem packing for 8 days (just roll everything like previously noted).

HD

Last edited:
Have a 22" Travel Pro, have never had a problem packing for 7 day with it... It however is starting to show it age, 7 years. When I sent my Travel Pro in for work last year the guy suggested the Briggs and Riley... Life time warrenty and very light..... Maybe something to look at....

Briggs and Riley are nice. They also have a "no problem" policy. If the airlines trash your bag at all, briggs and riley will fix or replace it for free. No more fighting with the airlines for destroying your bags.

And they are good quality too. I don't think I'll ever switch back. but they are expensive.

Were you in uniform when they made you gate check it? I thought they were pretty good about not hassling crew members.

RTRHD said:
I Just Bought a Luggage works 26". American's Luggage Nazi's Caught me made me gate check it, to pick up at the bag claim at ORD (Yuck). I asked the American FA if she had any room in crew she scremmed NO Before I even got the words out.(All day for a two hour flight) Sorry did not mean to get on an American Sucks soapbox. You have plenty of room with the 26 inch metal bag even with the General Stalin Overcoat.

Tommy Boy said:
Briggs and Riley are nice. They also have a "no problem" policy. If the airlines trash your bag at all, briggs and riley will fix or replace it for free. No more fighting with the airlines for destroying your bags.

And they are good quality too. I don't think I'll ever switch back. but they are expensive.

What Briggs and Riley do you have Tommy Boy... I'm looking at the Superlight 22". The way the handle is set up gives it a lot of room inside...

Latest resources

Back