PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
d328pilot said:
PSA has been offered 20 CRJ 900s with 20 more options. They do want a single pay rate for the 200, 700, and 900. More info to follow...

there is nothing on your cod-a-phone. speaking of your code-a-phone, I like how it starts off saying that they've reduced their (the mec) spending but are still 5000 over budget. This while having the MEC meeting in Myrtle Beach - you know because thats always the cheapest place to have an MEC meeting.

hockeypilot44 said:
Why does PSA get to fly 900's when 190's go to mainline?

Here is why.....from the AWA/AAA transition agreement:

A. The following terms apply to operation of the EMB 190 aircraft:

1. EMB 190 aircraft will be operated only by US Airways, America West,
both carriers, or the Single Carrier.​

B. Section 1.D.2 of the America West collective bargaining agreement will be

modified to increase the maximum seating capacity of jet aircraft flown by
Express carriers to a maximum seating capacity of 88 seats (or up to 90 seats if there are no first class seats) and/or certificated maximum take off weight of up to 90,000 pounds.​

C. The US Airways and America West collective bargaining agreements will be
modified to allow for a combined maximum of ninety-three (93) CRJ-900, or
other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in Paragraph B above, to be operated in revenue service at any given time at Express Carriers except that for every two (2) aircraft in excess of the combined 360 aircraft (excluding EMB 190 aircraft) operated at both US Airways and America West, that are added to revenue service in the mainline fleet, the Company may allow three (3) additional CRJ-900, or other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in paragraph B above, to be operated in revenue service at Express Carriers.

I am skeptical about the "offer" for -900's at PSA. What is meant by "offer?" I mean, either mainline will buy them and let us fly them, or they won't. What's to offer? If mainline wants PSA to fly the -900's we will. I guess it's possible that mainline might have said "we would like you to fly the -900 if you can get the union to agree to ............" But I somehow think this is wishful thinking. I hope I am wrong.​

Last edited:
Yes they worked so hard on the golf course down there, meanwhile they managed to talk about nothing that really matters as far as the quality of life for the pilot group as a whole. They talked all about flow through and nothing about the dependability program or the current schedules etc. . .

I would pull the BS flag on this one with the exception June 26th was the most recent date that Airways was supposed to make a decision on the remaining 700 options pushed off in BK2. Who knows. Growth sure would be nice around here, but as everyone says, I'll believe it when I see them in paint on the ramp. As far as one rate for all 3 airplanes. Sure, blend it off the 900s put with a rate higher then industry average and I am ok with. Use this stupid slightly below average rate (the current 700 rate) and then blend in the low priced 200s and remaining 700s? No thanks.

Ok....I was wrong. Mainline has offered PSA the right of first refusal on 20 -900's and 20 options. The caveat is that the pay rate must not change. No extra money.

Personally, I say screw that.

ReportCanoa said:
Ask any mainline pilot. Two reasons- one; the 190 is an EMB, not ERJ. Two; the engines on the EMB are on the wing.
FAA TYPE CERTIFICATE DATA SHEET NO. A57NM
I. Model ERJ 190-100 STD (Transport Category Airplane) approved on September 2, 2005
II. Model ERJ 190-100 LR (Transport Category Airplane) approved on September 2, 2005
III. Model ERJ 190-100 IGW (Transport Category Airplane) approved on September 2, 2005

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1025080/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1066608/M/

Latest resources

Back