Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Procedures for Positioning Flight Bags in the Flightdeck. (CRJ)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

Really? Really? My bag weighs 30+lbs. I thought installing the bricks were supposed to reduce our Jepp plates. I have 3 Jepp Binders that are about to explode. How about the Ipad or something.

Food for thought. Getting rid of the flight bags would save 60lbs of weight on the aircraft. Lets say that saves $1 of fuel on any given flight. According to RGT, ExpressJet flys 1 million flights in 14 months. That's a million bucks saved every 14 months. That would pay for the ipad and then some.

Didn't the company provide you training on how to properly stow your flight kit? Oh, be glad you don't have to lug those LIDOs around!

Didn't the company provide you training on how to properly stow your flight kit? Oh, be glad you don't have to lug those LIDOs around!

Yep, the memo just came out. I guess everybody was hurting their backs filing FMLA. Oh well.

I think it's time all 1700 pilots go to the doctor and get checked out for shoulder and back injury. We're self insured. Lets see what they say when they get the bill. iPads or else!

I think it's time all 1700 pilots go to the doctor and get checked out for shoulder and back injury.

Ah....if you include the ERJ side in that equation, since we all are on the same FMLA now, it would be closer to 4200ish. Yes we also got the same BS memo.

Maybe an attempt to cover their arse for claims, "well we issued explicit instructions to the crews" , they didn't follow these instructions, so we ain't paying! Agree though, bunch of BS!

iPads NOW!

Wait until you have to watch the new 20 minute video in RGT. Yes it exists.... I've seen it. It is appropriately dorky.

Really? Really? My bag weighs 30+lbs. I thought installing the bricks were supposed to reduce our Jepp plates. I have 3 Jepp Binders that are about to explode. How about the Ipad or something.

Food for thought. Getting rid of the flight bags would save 60lbs of weight on the aircraft. Lets say that saves $1 of fuel on any given flight. According to RGT, ExpressJet flys 1 million flights in 14 months. That's a million bucks saved every 14 months. That would pay for the ipad and then some.

We don't pay for fuel.

Latest resources

Back