Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're a smart guy. It's not "if".

Get out in front of this. Give GK some version of what he wants. Or don't, I really don't care. But please spare us all the set-something-free, or blankety-blank-airwar crap later

SWA can't do what it wants to do without some change or without help. Period. Other countries will not surrender it to you like was once done with PanAm.

Like usual you are uninformed and wrong. The changes in Mexico are already a done deal and go into effect January 1, 2016.

"A newly revised air services agreement between Mexico and the US that eases limits on the number of airlines allowed to operate on routes between the two countries is a welcome development for airlines operating in both regions. But it is particularly interesting for Mexico?s airlines given that their penetration in the transborder space still pales in comparison to US airlines operating between the two countries.
But in the meantime, Mexico?s airlines are looking to build on their current transborder expansion now that city pair restrictions are being eased."
http://centreforaviation.com/analys...y-await-a-new-bilateral-to-take-effect-199310

SWA will expand from HOU and FLL to their hearts content in Mexico and will face very little competition from Mexican carriers at their departure airports. It really is a genius plan that will work very well if the pilots stand strong and keep the current section one language forbidding any codeshare agreements. SWA has also faced little problem attaining other Latin American destination authorizations.

I suspect Flop's consternation comes from the fact that SWA will be greatly encroaching on Uniteds market share.

United is the main victim.
Among the top three U.S. carriers, American Airlines has by far the largest presence in Latin America (including the Caribbean) due to its its hub in Miami. On a combined basis, American and US Airways deployed 40.1 billion available seat miles to Latin America last year. By contrast, No. 2 United Continental had just 20.
By contrast, United Continental operates just half a dozen daily flights to Brazil and southern South America. Most of its Latin American capacity is devoted to Central America, northern South America, and the Caribbean -- which makes sense given that Houston is its main Latin American gateway.
United waged an intense (unsuccessful) lobbying campaign in 2012, urging Houston to maintain its ban on international flights at Hobby Airport. This effort spoke volumes about United's fear of a Southwest Airlines international expansion in Houston.
By 2017 or 2018, Southwest could operate 30 or more international flights per day from Hobby Airport. Since United Continental faces competition on just a few of its Latin American routes from Houston today, the new Southwest service will break a number of monopolies, which are presumably quite profitable.
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...est-airlines-goes-international-who-will.aspx

".If we stand strong"..........
Biggest joke is the propaganda machine that we have to fight to get our message out to the masses. Faceless entity of admin or super moderator sending messages or Q&A from "leadership". GK laughing at the fools that played right into his hand. If this so called union leadership truly wants it constituents to vote no and send a resounding message to GK they had better provide ample space on the union website to post the other side of the story. The uproar over the RJ s flying for Airtan was an uprising of almost biblical proportion. Now we get the union selling the section 1 relief for nothing. Joke of "near international" definition. Red eye override slashed to 3% vice 15. ONE percent bonus for 15%ROIC and a less than one percent of an increase to the company match to 10% (but only if you pay in 10% first).... Profit sharing only goes into 401s....... Crap upon crap.

Biggest joke is the propaganda machine that we have to fight to get our message out to the masses. Faceless entity of admin or super moderator sending messages or Q&A from "leadership". GK laughing at the fools that played right into his hand. If this so called union leadership truly wants it constituents to vote no and send a resounding message to GK they had better provide ample space on the union website to post the other side of the story. The uproar over the RJ s flying for Airtan was an uprising of almost biblical proportion. Now we get the union selling the section 1 relief for nothing. Joke of "near international" definition. Red eye override slashed to 3% vice 15. ONE percent bonus for 15%ROIC and a less than one percent of an increase to the company match to 10% (but only if you pay in 10% first).... Profit sharing only goes into 401s....... Crap upon crap.

And our group will lap it up like a kid eating a chocolate sundae. Think of what you could buy with that awesome bonus!

Biggest joke is the propaganda machine that we have to fight to get our message out to the masses. Faceless entity of admin or super moderator sending messages or Q&A from "leadership". GK laughing at the fools that played right into his hand. If this so called union leadership truly wants it constituents to vote no and send a resounding message to GK they had better provide ample space on the union website to post the other side of the story.

You better hope we stand strong against the company and union spin machine. Also, if you think we are in some way unique or special that we are going to get sold a bill of goods from the union, we are not. The union will "sell" the product they produced, it is inevitable. It is up to the membership to engage in critical analysis and decide if the union product meets our goals or not. Many of the BOD dissenting opinions have already put out no vote recommendations to their constituents. If you are expecting a union roadshow to highlight the inadequacies of this mess, you will be waiting in vain. Ask the Delta boys how strong the union sell job was on the TA they turned down. The Delta membership analyzed the product and said not even close, we will need to do the same. Hopefully we will learn something from the F.A.'s and stand strong with a similar resounding NO!

I don't see how anyone could vote yes for this. Please folks. Take a good hard look at this POS TA. No, don't read past section 1. It doesn't get any better. Concessionary in every section for a less than a COLA raise. Management gets everything it wants and gets to kick us in the nuts just for grins and giggles. It's right there in the contract. Every section has a kick in the nuts for us. But on a brighter note some of the sections have circuit breakers for kicks in the nuts. The language is loose on the circuit breakers so you will still get kicked in the nuts but you will be able to grieve it.

Last 3 captains all yes votes. Unabashed, thought it was a solid deal.

The pass margin will be stunning. I've waited my entire career to vote against scope but it won't matter. The best part will be hearing GK announce his pride at reaching a deal that helps pilots.

Hope I'm wrong.

That said I think it should come out for a vote. I can't speak for 8000 pilots. Maybe it's a good deal for most of them. I'd like to know that before I grab a sign and picket like a fool for the 100 guys on the forum.

Well, then, if it's going to be every man for himself...see ya in the morning. You can babysit the jet, no, were not carrying that, and you can get your own f'in garbage bag, Skippy. ?

Last edited:

The pass margin will be stunning. I've waited my entire career to vote against scope but it won't matter. The best part will be hearing GK announce his pride at reaching a deal that helps pilots.

Hope I'm wrong.

That said I think it should come out for a vote. I can't speak for 8000 pilots. Maybe it's a good deal for most of them. I'd like to know that before I grab a sign and picket like a fool for the 100 guys on the forum.

It's definitely not a good deal for most of us. Heck, the only ones that it might be a good deal for are the folks retiring shortly after getting their bonus, and even that is not as good as if we'd gotten actual retro.

For anyone with any time left here that gets stuck working under this contract, it's beyond a bad deal.

But.

A bad deal has never stopped us from shooting ourselves in the foot before, and that goes for FOs as well as Capts. I am always amazed at our willingness to accept deals that not only don't benefit us, but HARM us!

Vote YES! ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back