Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA can't do what it wants to do without some change or without help. Period. Other countries will not surrender it to you like was once done with PanAm. My advice: try and keep your code share to one airline, or maybe two. Pick one with young FAs, the right airplanes, and one that can help the SWA geniuses demystify the intricacies of etops.
Thanks for the advice, but no, thanks.

We're expanding just fine as it is. We don't need to service every city in the Americas, just the good ones and we're making headway just fine.

Maybe, when the music stops and they eventually need something, and can explain why, not obfuscate the issue with overly-difficult and non-industry-standard language with proper ways to stop it if they abuse it? Maybe.

But not this way, and not now. We have a half decade or more of expansion to do on our own without needing code share of this aggressive a nature.

SWA can't do what it wants to do without some change or without help. Period. Other countries will not surrender it to you like was once done with PanAm. My advice: try and keep your code share to one airline, or maybe two. Pick one with young FAs, the right airplanes, and one that can help the SWA geniuses demystify the intricacies of etops.

just think , you proclaim to NOT HATE. SWA . what would your babel be if you did have anger towards SWA. :)

just think , you proclaim to NOT HATE. SWA . what would your babel be if you did have anger towards SWA. :)

I don't know... What would yours be if you didn't LUV your employer so much? ;) Honestly I don't know if I completely understand what you're saying... I'm in the middle of the road. This [FI] is like talking sports. And in this case it's almost like talking football with Pats fans, except the Pats are a much better airline than SWA is a football team.

If the plan is to flourish in South America, like the ME3 think they'll continue to do so throughout the world, then expect some opposition.

Thanks for the advice, but no, thanks.

We're expanding just fine as it is. We don't need to service every city in the Americas, just the good ones and we're making headway just fine

But not this way, and not now. We have a half decade or more of expansion to do on our own without needing code share of this aggressive a nature.

When I started flying to Liberia Costa Rica the terminal had no walls. Just a roof. They built an enormous, beautiful terminal with plenty of gate space. SWA maybe goes there someday and wants gate space. Absent a code share you can't predict what other airlines will want to reciprocate with. But we know it can't be much because SWA didn't allow for it [airport/gate space]. This is where it gets murky. You don't have the same 5 years another airline might, you didn't build the space.

Who cares? This is about their TA.

Who cares? This is about their TA.

When the thread was Delta's TA, there were sure a lot of SWA posters with plenty of interest.

I'm interested in SWA TA section 1. Depending on how it ends up, SWA mgt is going to have to leverage every other airlines' hard work and equity to some extent. I don't want to see the SWA agreement undermine the rest of us.

When I started flying to Liberia Costa Rica the terminal had no walls. Just a roof. They built an enormous, beautiful terminal with plenty of gate space. SWA maybe goes there someday and wants gate space. Absent a code share you can't predict what other airlines will want to reciprocate with. But we know it can't be much because SWA didn't allow for it [airport/gate space]. This is where it gets murky. You don't have the same 5 years another airline might, you didn't build the space.

We're already there (in our metal). Service start Nov 1.

We're already there (in our metal). Service start Nov 1.

That's cool! Great place. Compare terminal space there with what SWA is building at Hobby and you'll start to see my point. They don't mind you coming to the party, but what are you bringing? Evidently not airport space. So is it code share?

Last edited:
I don't know... What would yours be if you didn't LUV your employer so much? ;) Honestly I don't know if I completely understand what you're saying... I'm in the middle of the road. This [FI] is like talking sports. And in this case it's almost like talking football with Pats fans, except the Pats are a much better airline than SWA is a football team.

If the plan is to flourish in South America, like the ME3 think they'll continue to do so throughout the world, then expect some opposition.

That was a pretty witty reply :)

That's cool! Great place. Compare terminal space there with what SWA is building at Hobby and you'll start to see my point. They don't mind you coming to the party, but what are you bringing? Evidently not airport space. So is it code share?

Doesn't matter what we're bringing, it's already approved and it's already happening. That's the point.

We don't need Scope relief to go to these places. We're already doing it.

If, in the future, we hit a wall and need the scope relief, they can come to us with a solid plan like I mentioned before, including hard cease and desist if they stray outside the plain English intent and limitations. Until then,,, it's not worth the risk with the language that's in Section 1.

Latest resources

Back