Please help, need medical ASAP!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avbug said:
Actually, brightspark, I was one of the early posters in this thread, twice, and the information I posted there was true, and correct. No one on this board can help the poster. I counseled him to seek professional help, to not fraudulently or falsely state he does not have the condtion under discussion, and noted that he can easily get the situation rectified.

I also noted in this thread that I have had disqualifying conditions (two) which no do not plague me, because I handled the situation properly. I noted that the poster needs to do the same, and that no apparent reason exists why the poster cannot have his medical privileges restored.

The poster agreed, and as I just stated in the above post, will follow that course of action. The poster intends first to seek help through AOPA member services, and then via Pilot Medical Soloutions at www.leftseat.com.

Perhaps you need to read the thread a little more carefully before spouting off. No, I didn't wait until the last minute. No I made no effort to "save the day." No, I am not posting in ignorance of the original posters plight or future...as the issue or disqualifying conditions and the reporting thereof is something I have dealt with personally, and which I report faithfully every 6 months on my own first class medical application.

The comparison of a few social drinks, or even a night of excessive drinking, to a clinical diagnosis of a mental or emotional condition with attendant treatment by a professional and the use of chemical mind or mood altering drugs, is a poor one at best, and in truth, a pathetic effort to cloud the issue. Worse, the effort to cloud the issue is driven toward encouraging the poster to place himself in jeopardy by falsifying a federal document, thereby committing fraud, to the tune of a quarter of a million dollars in fines, five years in prison, and revocation of all certificates and ratings. How the FAA finds out isn't important...the fact that the FAA might, that the poster would know and have to live with that unpleasant possibility, and that it's ethically and morally incorrect, are all pretty darn good reasons to do it right in the first place.

W(h)eather you agree or not, it's a fact.

Avbug, maybe you're right when you said yesterday that this thread is beyond the point of absurdity and it is getting out of hand. I'm tired of arguing over the internet. Even though I disagree with your opinion (and Oscum's Razor's opinion), I do respect your opinion. We can simply agree to disagree.
Brandon, good luck with finishing your degree. I'm finished with this thread.

avbug said:
Once again, Gulfstream 200 proves that in a side by side comparison, a Kiabab Squirrel would have a higher intellect and more class. Do you do kids parties, too?

whatever Avroach...your made up crap has lost all its credentials here long ago.

bottom line - I dont want to share the cockpit with some puss who cant get over a freaking girlfriend breakup without being medicated with that crap.

Take a week or two off, go have some fun, hang with your friends...

Get over it for christs sakes.

I don't think you have to worry about sharing a cockpit with anybody, kiddo. Your level of professionalism belies your claims. You're a step removed from an angry little girl in a sandbox on an abandoned schoolyard somewhere, and it shows in big, bright letters.

Forget kids parties...I don't think kids would be safe around you. I suspect you could use some psychotropic drugs, yourself. If you're not already on them.

TrafficInSight said:
I just can't stay away from this thread!!:laugh:

Well since my medical is due by the 31st of this month, I guess when I go in, I should fess up and tell my AME that I've:

1. abused alcohol more than 52 times over the past year (alcohol abuse)
2. that I was on ritalin when I was a senior in high school
3. that because my airline's management is stressing me out to the point that I'm constantly depressed mixed in with intermintent episodes of euphoria when I finish a trip and go home (bipolar disorder)
4. that I have alerigic reactions when I mow my grass (chronic allergies/hay fever)

Jiminy Christmas am I screwed this time around. Guess I better figure out where I'll come up with the $250,000 dollars to cover the fine and how I can serve 5 years in the lockup. I know only half of the above conditions are disqualifying, but they'll still get me for not being truthful regarding my history. Then they'll deny my medical for the bipolar and alcohol abuse and I'll be retired before I get a chance to get it back.
Some people say after imprisonment one should be rehabilitated and ready to go back out into society. I'm willing to be I would have severe depression by that point and never be able to fly again. :erm:

Gulfstream,

You are a waste of space on my post. Believe me dude, I know how to have fun, and you have absolutely no clue what the !##$ you are talking about. Go shead your bright ideas on someone else's post.

Brandon

Last edited:
Midnight Flyer said:
I just can't stay away from this thread!!:laugh:

Well since my medical is due by the 31st of this month, I guess when I go in, I should fess up and tell my AME that I've:

1. abused alcohol more than 52 times over the past year (alcohol abuse)
2. that I was on ritalin when I was a senior in high school
3. that because my airline's management is stressing me out to the point that I'm constantly depressed mixed in with intermintent episodes of euphoria when I finish a trip and go home (bipolar disorder)
4. that I have alerigic reactions when I mow my grass (chronic allergies/hay fever)

Jiminy Christmas am I screwed this time around. Guess I better figure out where I'll come up with the $250,000 dollars to cover the fine and how I can serve 5 years in the lockup. I know only half of the above conditions are disqualifying, but they'll still get me for not being truthful regarding my history. Then they'll deny my medical for the bipolar and alcohol abuse and I'll be retired before I get a chance to get it back.
Some people say after imprisonment one should be rehabilitated and ready to go back out into society. I'm willing to be I would have severe depression by that point and never be able to fly again. :erm:

You act like I posted an editorial. :)

Too many general practice type docs use that stuff like water.

Question the Feds will have is: why was it prescribed.
Sounds like it was:

(1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood – which is no big deal, like the common cold. If you had a no-kidding big-league major depression – which is what the Feds would be concerned about - off meds you’d still be in the woods right now.
(2) A family practice type doc prescribed meds “’cause it might help.” Bet a hard-headed psychiatrist would not have prescribed meds.

If the above fits your case and the Feds can be convinced of this scenario – then should have zero problems getting up. Especially as you are A-OK now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back