• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle sick policy????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SEVEN- we get the point, you don't like us. You fail to realize that this problem stems from mgmt's actions and DL's addition of flying. Pilots are all flying at their limit, this isn't a bunch of pilots dropping the ball. In the previews mgmt and the union get we are WELL above the hours we should have. On top of all that I cannot fathom why mesaba pilots would be complaining about additional flying when you guys are furloughing. Take the flying, take the cash, keep a few more pilots working, and move on. I have a couple friends who are furloughed right now from mesaba and have commented that they would love to have the "extra" flying to do. Getting on here and tooting your horn in an negative fashion accomplishes nothing beyond garnishing any respect you may have in other posts.

Is it me, or is it almost as if RA is setting you guys and gals up for failure. Where have I seen this before? Any word on JFK yet?:)

Do you guys have the option of FMLA, if you are out more than 3 days...

no occurance is given if you are approved. Of course you have to have the doc fill out a short story in triplicate, get it notarized with 3000 witnesses. but at least you do not get charged with an occurance.. :)

Do you guys have the option of FMLA, if you are out more than 3 days...

no occurance is given if you are approved. Of course you have to have the doc fill out a short story in triplicate, get it notarized with 3000 witnesses. but at least you do not get charged with an occurance.. :)

My biggest issue with FMLA is now you have to go through the company to get it approved. Back when it was the Reed Group taking care of it, it was pretty much a streamlined process. Now that it's gone in-house, I've heard horror stories of people just trying to get someone to answer the phone to get the process started.

FMLA is entirely seperate, but FMLA was not designed or intended for a common cold. FMLA is not the answer to the typical sicknesses that most experience. Surgeries, cronic illness, maternity/babies being born is what FMLA was designed around.

Is it me, or is it almost as if RA is setting you guys and gals up for failure. Where have I seen this before? Any word on JFK yet?:)

nope nothin yet, any word on which Mexican LCC is gonna buy all the Saabs you lost????

FMLA is entirely seperate, but FMLA was not designed or intended for a common cold. FMLA is not the answer to the typical sicknesses that most experience. Surgeries, cronic illness, maternity/babies being born is what FMLA was designed around.

Well, if your company refuses to accept FMLA leave, even after you filled out the forms exactly as the company specified, the liability to the company would be nearly unlimited. FMLA is not a tool to poke the company in the eye. FMLA is a tool keep the company from harassing you in the event of you or your immediate family are ill. Unpaid, a maximum 12 weeks, but you get the time off. If the company doesn't follow procedure on this, they will receive significant fines. It is a bit of a PITA, but it is designed to keep you out of trouble.

Latest resources

Back