Pinnacle sick policy????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They would have written somehting but they're sick

I think it might have something to do with the company policy of posting negative information being grounds for "discipline up to and including termination." Don't want anyone to think it's not wine and roses over here.....

For me, it's pretty much the last straw. Temporary "every event" doctor's certificate? Seriously? I have a sinus head cold, and they want me to go to the doctor to PROVE I wasn't fit to fly?

At ASA if the company requires you to bring in a doctors note....they are responsible for paying the bill. As cheap as airlines are that's a pretty good financial disincentive.

Might be something to consider during contract negotiations.

Ok Let's review..
1.Pinnacle... an organization that will do anything for money.
2. Sick pay a contractual benefit which pays you when you are prohibited from doing so due to ill health.
3. Sick pay costs Pinnacle nothing until you try to use it. When you use it they have to pay you AND someone else to get the RJ off the gate .
4. Sick Policy. A company dictum designed to reduce payments under #3 above.

So if you try to use this benefit say more than three times a year, the company has two morons on staff (D in DTW and M in MSP) to try to bully and threaten you in order to reduce outlays as described in 4.

I think it might have something to do with the company policy of posting negative information being grounds for "discipline up to and including termination." Don't want anyone to think it's not wine and roses over here.....

If that was the policy here, then we would really be short of pilots.....:laugh:

Ok Let's review..
1.Pinnacle... an organization that will do anything for money.
2. Sick pay a contractual benefit which pays you when you are prohibited from doing so due to ill health.
3. Sick pay costs Pinnacle nothing until you try to use it. When you use it they have to pay you AND someone else to get the RJ off the gate .
4. Sick Policy. A company dictum designed to reduce payments under #3 above.

So if you try to use this benefit say more than three times a year, the company has two morons on staff (D in DTW and M in MSP) to try to bully and threaten you in order to reduce outlays as described in 4.

It's apparently about to be more than 2. Looks like the new "more restrictive" policy will be a written at 3 sick calls. Oh, and don't call in sick for that 4 day trip. Anything over 3 days will count as 2 occurrences....

This new policy is a bunch of BS! A sick call over a 4 day trip counts as 2 occurrences. WTF? I like the part about our unlimited CIH going back to the way it was. So after 2 in a rolling 12 month period are done, what do they think people will do?! They'll CALL IN SICK! At least with unlimited CIH people might actually have a reason/will to try and still make it to the rest of the trip. But if you start punishing/firing people because they have exceeded their 2 limit in a rolling 12 month period, they will just say screw it and call in sick for the whole time! What is management thinking? Are they even thinking? This is the most stupid, dumbest, most retarded thing to come out from management in an effort to "improve" attendance. LOL!

Pinnacle MELTDOWN coming to a Delta hub near you.

SEVEN- we get the point, you don't like us. You fail to realize that this problem stems from mgmt's actions and DL's addition of flying. Pilots are all flying at their limit, this isn't a bunch of pilots dropping the ball. In the previews mgmt and the union get we are WELL above the hours we should have. On top of all that I cannot fathom why mesaba pilots would be complaining about additional flying when you guys are furloughing. Take the flying, take the cash, keep a few more pilots working, and move on. I have a couple friends who are furloughed right now from mesaba and have commented that they would love to have the "extra" flying to do. Getting on here and tooting your horn in an negative fashion accomplishes nothing beyond garnishing any respect you may have in other posts.

Latest resources

Back