Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle and UAL agree on terms....More Q's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really? It wasn't because wages and benefits costs were more than the materials costs for each vehicle? It wasn't because new employees were starting with a GED and 3 weeks of training to push the start and stop buttons on the robot for $75,000 year? It wasn't because a 1000 employees where sitting in the UAW job bank for 6 months at a time and getting full pay?

Simply, no, it wasn't. Sounds like you've been reading a certain paper. Here's a little piece of the puzzle-did you know that the white collar portion of the Ford US workforce's legacy benefits actually costs considerably more than the blue collar legacy benefits?

Having been a former white collar worker for one of the other auto makers, I can tell you personally, the examples of 75k-do-nothings are few and far between these days. These folks really do work hard, harder than you or I, regardless your opinions of their education.

It's all about PR and getting your message out there, unfortunately unions have really lost the touch with that side of the game...in multiple industries it seems.

Simply, no, it wasn't. Sounds like you've been reading a certain paper. Here's a little piece of the puzzle-did you know that the white collar portion of the Ford US workforce's legacy benefits actually costs considerably more than the blue collar legacy benefits?

Having been a former white collar worker for one of the other auto makers, I can tell you personally, the examples of 75k-do-nothings are few and far between these days. These folks really do work hard, harder than you or I, regardless your opinions of their education.

It's all about PR and getting your message out there, unfortunately unions have really lost the touch with that side of the game...in multiple industries it seems.

Got the info from CNBC. Those UAW lawyers would've hit the jackpot in court if this stuff wasn't true.

Ford stayed out of BK because it had already lined up and taken loans before the meltdown allowing it to remain solvent without additional help. GM and Chrysler didn't do that and found themselves in far worse shape with the housing mess killing thier ability to get any financing while tanking the economy at the same time. If Ford had not secured those loans pre crisis, they too would have needed a loan from the government to survive.
And for the record they were LOANS to GM and Chrysler, unlike the banks that were given BAILOUTS (no intention to return those to the taxpayers).

NO amount of concessions will change this company's business model around to be successful long term. Don't fall for it. We're barely industry average, let alone industry leading! Never in past history have concessions alone been able to save a company to stay out of BK, it just prolonged it a little bit. AA was probably the longest prolonging, but it still happened anyway. Vote NO!

NO amount of concessions will change this company's business model around to be successful long term. Don't fall for it. We're barely industry average, let alone industry leading! Never in past history have concessions alone been able to save a company to stay out of BK, it just prolonged it a little bit. AA was probably the longest prolonging, but it still happened anyway. Vote NO!

M- wasted a lot of time being upset. I hope you are a happier guy at the other place.

Last edited:
Man, you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to out-whine flyer. And, before you get your shorts in a knot I am just joking around with ya'...toodles!

yikes!

Why Skywest? Why not Go Jets, Express Jet, better yet, Commute air. They already have a EWR base and a Dash 8 program, plus they are probably cheaper. If you thnk it's Skywest, wouldn't they have some Q's by now or at least on order? Those planes don't belong to United, they can't just take it from one company and hand it to another one like Delta does all the time.

They already pulled 5 emb 135's outta the bone yard to cover some ewr stuff for colgan. Word is they want 15 more? How's that for info?

Latest resources

Back