Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle and UAL agree on terms....More Q's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJLoser

Sounds like Pinnacle and UAL came to an agreement for a profitable outcome for both Saabs and Q's. (Menke email)

Last edited:
Would hardly call that anything more than a reprieve, but given the cloak and dagger games that are played by management, I would be cautious. Management always has the advantage by knowing what the plan is well before anyone in ALPA ever does. The company could very well be leveraging themselves to continue asking for wage concessions. Who knows?

hasn't swayed my opinion at all if the vote was held today but i do Commend Menke on getting this deal and for communicating openly.

me either, show me a wage scale that says we are paid more than the average regional pilot group by a significant margin and then we will talk. SHow me proof that our company is well run and they are not making ridiculous financial decision still (only time will tell). If we are too expensive because the amount of senior pilots at Pinnacle then I think that should be addressed. How you ask? How about not having the pay scale go to 20+ years and having it stop at 12 or 15? Or better yet, how about what is good for the FO's is good for the Captains....where does the FO pay scale stop? I am just saying. I do not want this, but hey what the heck-if they want to sell out our pay and bennies on the principle of saving the company, then let the ones who will benefit the most from it be the ones who pay for it. I mean heck, if we lost a huge number of planes in bankruptcy then most of us would be gone anyways and the only ones left would be the ultra senior ones, why not make them pay for the cuts. :) I am just saying........

me either, show me a wage scale that says we are paid more than the average regional pilot group by a significant margin and then we will talk. SHow me proof that our company is well run and they are not making ridiculous financial decision still (only time will tell). If we are too expensive because the amount of senior pilots at Pinnacle then I think that should be addressed. How you ask? How about not having the pay scale go to 20+ years and having it stop at 12 or 15? Or better yet, how about what is good for the FO's is good for the Captains....where does the FO pay scale stop? I am just saying. I do not want this, but hey what the heck-if they want to sell out our pay and bennies on the principle of saving the company, then let the ones who will benefit the most from it be the ones who pay for it. I mean heck, if we lost a huge number of planes in bankruptcy then most of us would be gone anyways and the only ones left would be the ultra senior ones, why not make them pay for the cuts. :) I am just saying........

LOL! INCOMING..............!

[gets popcorn out]

For what it's worth, I agree with you.

Menke's temporary deal with UA sounds more like desperation. They should squeeze every last dime that PT stole.

Why would anyone think we are getting more Q's? If anything Co-tied gets a few months to get Skywest spinning.

Why Skywest? Why not Go Jets, Express Jet, better yet, Commute air. They already have a EWR base and a Dash 8 program, plus they are probably cheaper. If you thnk it's Skywest, wouldn't they have some Q's by now or at least on order? Those planes don't belong to United, they can't just take it from one company and hand it to another one like Delta does all the time.

Why Skywest? Why not Go Jets, Express Jet, better yet, Commute air. They already have a EWR base and a Dash 8 program, plus they are probably cheaper. If you thnk it's Skywest, wouldn't they have some Q's by now or at least on order? Those planes don't belong to United, they can't just take it from one company and hand it to another one like Delta does all the time.

Skywest has been approached by UA several times about operating Q400s and has refused the contract because UA doesn't want to pay them enough for operating another type. This agreement is a positive development because the company and UA have come to an agreement on on compensation for the Q400s. They are probably going to tear up the agreement with CO and write a new agreement with UAL that will fix other things besides compensation. Look for a new deal to come out in the next 6 weeks and for the options to be exercised.

Latest resources

Back