• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle 11-09 out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the Q400 pay rates where above the CRJ 200 rates and close to the CRJ900 rates the Colgan Captains would not have moved over. We can blame ourselves for a lot of this movement by low-balling the 74 pax moneymaker.

If the Q400 pay rates where above the CRJ 200 rates and close to the CRJ900 rates the Colgan Captains would not have moved over. We can blame ourselves for a lot of this movement by low-balling the 74 pax moneymaker.

That is an excellent point. Even if it was the same as the 200 rate like the previous Mesaba contract there would have been less movement I bet.

That's BS. Most of the 9L guys who had the seniority to transfer over to the 900 are lifers/losers who can't leave. They would have always gone to the bigger and shinier airplane. Same thing with the 9E guys who live in MEM and still commute to fly the 900. With training, fewer days off, commuting, they will likely make the same or less.

That's BS. Most of the 9L guys who had the seniority to transfer over to the 900 are lifers/losers who can't leave. They would have always gone to the bigger and shinier airplane. Same thing with the 9E guys who live in MEM and still commute to fly the 900. With training, fewer days off, commuting, they will likely make the same or less.

True! At least they can retire and proudly claim to have flown the "9" :D

ANNNDDD WE HAVE A WINNER! Exactly.. One of the main reasons guys on the Q are jumping over. More $ and a better commute (for some). It's not that we want to fly a "jet". Please. Cut the crap. The Q is in some aspects a much nicer plane. Simply put- More money..Better QOL..Better commute. What? You wouldn't do the EXACT thing that we are doing if you were in our place? give me a break. I look forward to flying with most of you over at 9E.. but some guys on here are just spewing hate because they are bitter they did not get the upgrade or they are getting bumped out of base. I'm sorry.. that sucks, it really does. But don't keep disrespecting 9L guys for making a move to better their QOL.. You would do the same thing. Last time I looked there were even a few guys from 9E and XJ coming over to the Q. You will be welcome with open arms!

Still BS.

A senior CA Q400 will now be a low/medium lineholder on the 900 will not have a better QOL. They will be getting 11 days off and ATL trips are not an easy commute.

The 900 pays $10/hr more, but going from 16 days off to 11 for the same credit, additional training, does not equal more money in the end.

It's great that Colgan pilots are looking forward to working at 9E, and most XJ/9E pilots understand that the award is a fact of life. But don't expect FO's who have been flying for the company just as long as you, and definitely know the airplane better than you, but happen to still be FO's because you lucked into your seniority, to be thrilled to work with you.

Ok.. Fair enough on the comparison with base QOL. However, you are comparing EWR to ATL... ATL is probably the most senior base on the 9E side of the house. Sooooo... yea, the 9L Q400 captains that go down to ATL will have no where near the same bidding power they have in EWR. But-- some of the capt's that are going to ATL live nearby and have to commute to EWR... so for them it will still be a QOL increase.

I'm not expecting them to be "thrilled" to fly with me bud.. I will go to work and do my best to have a good time, like I always do. If they want to be grumps about then oh well. Such is life.. won't bother me. And no $hit your FO's will know more about the jet than our guys, so why say something like that. There were only a handful of guys that went to the -900 from Colgan anyways... and most of them have been around a long time.

Beers on me if we fly together. But you still gotta take the fat one sucka!!:beer:

Still BS.

A senior CA Q400 will now be a low/medium lineholder on the 900 will not have a better QOL. They will be getting 11 days off and ATL trips are not an easy commute.

The 900 pays $10/hr more, but going from 16 days off to 11 for the same credit, additional training, does not equal more money in the end.

It's great that Colgan pilots are looking forward to working at 9E, and most XJ/9E pilots understand that the award is a fact of life. But don't expect FO's who have been flying for the company just as long as you, and definitely know the airplane better than you, but happen to still be FO's because you lucked into your seniority, to be thrilled to work with you.

This is the second post by a 9e pilot in as many weeks that flat out say they are going to bring ill feelings into the cockpit. I am sure this is the minority, but that is a very unsafe attitude.

Still BS.

I kind of doubt you have the guts to run your mouth like this in person....if so bring a lunch pal:)

This is the second post by a 9e pilot in as many weeks that flat out say they are going to bring ill feelings into the cockpit. I am sure this is the minority, but that is a very unsafe attitude.

Dude, it's a forum. Most people come here to vent. They're not like that in real life.

Latest resources

Back