• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle 11-09 out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, this recent email pretty much answered all my questions... no hope for me in the near future. Someone please explain the difference between "REINSTATEMENT RIGHTS" and just flat out bidding a vacancy and being awarded it in seniority order?

File a class action lawsuit...boot alpa and thats it.

File a class action lawsuit...boot alpa and thats it.

Nah, won't work. I would think to do so would require at minimum 50% or more votes. US Air and AWA kicked ALPA out because the US Air group was the majority. At Mesaba, Colgan, and Pinnacle, Colgan made out really really good and there is no way they would vote no. As for Mesaba, considering that their alternative was downgrades and furloughs once the Saabs were gone, this outcome has been positive too and many have held onto their left seats and all FOs now have avoided a furlough. That leaves only Pinnacle. Even if every single one of them was to vote yes to kick ALPA out, it wouldn't be enough company-wide.

Flyer1015
You may be surprised how many at Mesaba would join you. For the most part the very seinor folks around xj made out well they are also the same folks that either had or still have a chance to flow out of this mess or are senior enough not to give 2 cents about the chaos going on. ( late 1999 -mid 2000 hires and B4.(about 200 of our 1100) The rest of us I.E. me early 2001 hire now bids behind 2007 Colgan guys. Plus all of our 2007 hire FO's that are watching Colgan SF-Capt grab every 200Capt seat. Only to see 2010 Colgan guys fill fenced SF-seats.

Why we ever let an arbitrator decide this mess I'll never understand.
Since our SLI teams could not come up with our own solution. I think you have to blame ALPA for not puting the right people in a room and getting a list that made a lot more sence than JR Clogan guys running wild grabing every seat they can.

Colgan guys don't affect 9E FO's that much. 2007-early 2008 9L pilots are already captains, and for the most part can't hold any jet spots. What really killed 9E pilots for at least 12-18 months are all the displaced XJ Saab captains who took the bulk of the CRJ2 upgrades. If it wasn't for XJ, we'd probably see most 2007 9E pilots upgrade to DTW/JFK this month. Now it will be another year.

Colgan guys don't affect 9E FO's that much. 2007-early 2008 9L pilots are already captains, and for the most part can't hold any jet spots. What really killed 9E pilots for at least 12-18 months are all the displaced XJ Saab captains who took the bulk of the CRJ2 upgrades. If it wasn't for XJ, we'd probably see most 2007 9E pilots upgrade to DTW/JFK this month. Now it will be another year.

If it makes you feel any better, most of those XJ pilots were hired 2005 or earlier. A few early 07 hires slid in and now get to experience their first long stretch of reserve life.

Colgan guys don't affect 9E FO's that much. 2007-early 2008 9L pilots are already captains, and for the most part can't hold any jet spots.
There are plenty of 2007-2008 9L pilots holding jet captain spots on 11-09.

There seems to be a failure on the part of some pilots to recognize the fact that they had the opportunity to put the Q in their standing bid...

There seems to be a failure on the part of some pilots to recognize the fact that they had the opportunity to put the Q in their standing bid...

Hey, I did. No dice!

And have you seen the alternate numbers for IAH Captain Q400?

Without Q quota met: #2314 and #2328 (Colgan guys hired May 2008)

With Q quota met: #471 and #506 (9E guys hired early to mid 2001).

That's right, without the Q400 quota met for Colgan at IAH, it is a 10 year upgrade on the Q400!

Under the quota, and Colgan guys hired May 2008 get IAH Captain on the Q. Oh, and to top it off, the most senior "premium" aircraft (according to Bloch = CRJ900) at ATL had 17 Captain spots and 10 of them were taken by Colgan. So 59% of the most senior premium aircraft and base were awarded to Colgan pilots.

Can someone say WINDFALL!

Hey, I did. No dice!

And have you seen the alternate numbers for IAH Captain Q400?

Without Q quota met: #2314 and #2328 (Colgan guys hired May 2008)

With Q quota met: #471 and #506 (9E guys hired early to mid 2001).

That's right, without the Q400 quota met for Colgan at IAH, it is a 10 year upgrade on the Q400!

Under the quota, and Colgan guys hired May 2008 get IAH Captain on the Q. Oh, and to top it off, the most senior "premium" aircraft (according to Bloch = CRJ900) at ATL had 17 Captain spots and 10 of them were taken by Colgan. So 59% of the most senior premium aircraft and base were awarded to Colgan pilots.

Can someone say WINDFALL!

Actually overall MSP is the most senior 900 base. (and possibly 200 base as well now)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back