Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots Who Have Left Fractionals for Airlines or Corporate - Happier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4dude,

Don't you want to wait to get your Global rating first? :laugh: Joking...

Not surprised there are so many Gulfstream diehards at Netjets (former NJI). It would be very tough to leave that G550/450... Although I read a recent review of the new Global with the fusion equipment and I was impressed. Nice HUD! Way nicer than my archaic Primus 1000 tubes.

I think what "may" happen, and this is totally just opinion, but as those Globals come online (and a reduction of Gulfstreams occurs) and there is an open bid for them, many G guys will not be able to hold a Global PIC slot. Thus may be displaced to something much smaller. Or even a Phenom :eek:.....

And with thousands of hours in GIV, and V's, opportunities will arise where the decision will be stay at NJA in a Phenom or maybe a -300 etc.. Or move on to a nice corporate outfit flying IV, V's and maybe G650's for possibly more money and less working days. Just a guess though..

I did move up 3 numbers from June-July and have moved up 33 numbers in the last 12 months.. Not astonishing numbers but at that rate or better there will be a time when attrition may play a factor. And with the supposed legacy hiring coming soon, the attrition rate should increase somewhat???

If I make it to class and management pats their own back about us returning I may have to raise my hand and say..."congratulations, you made NJA so lackluster of a career that the only reason I can come back is because people bailed..Way to go!!":laugh:

G4dude,

Don't you want to wait to get your Global rating first? :laugh: Joking...

Not surprised there are so many Gulfstream diehards at Netjets (former NJI). It would be very tough to leave that G550/450... Although I read a recent review of the new Global with the fusion equipment and I was impressed. Nice HUD! Way nicer than my archaic Primus 1000 tubes.

I have heard the Global is a VERY nice machine. More automation than the 450/550.

Latest resources

Back