• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots that surf

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I live in Florida and my daughters are starting to get into surfingThat means that ol' pop going to have to get into it too. I have great abbs but they are covered up with a little flab, can i still surff??????????They say no way. I have had a couple of layovers at Waikiki beach, looks like a great place to learn to surf. Keep up the good life guys enjoyit.

TurboS7,

go for it, my best friend in Indian Harbour Beach, Fl has a couple gromms for kids and he will be surfing with them soon.

Waikiki, is a great place to learn and to just surf, great local crowd and good waves in the summer.

live the dream brother.

Anyone live on and surf Long Island, NY?

Turbo,

Hell yeah. You should definitely start. I've been surfing for 20 years, yet due to a lifestyle change, (flying career) Ive been landlocked for the past 3, and have packed on the flab (over my great abs):D . Hopefully my Poi belly and I will be living in Hawaii very soon as I am in a pool, anxiously awaiting a class at one of the regionals over there.

I think it'd be alot of fun to go surfing as a family.(Its fun enough when you're all by yourself). Stick with it. It takes alot of time and dedication, but the rewards are incredible. Ive never surfed Waikiki, but from what I've seen, it looks great for learning. Warm, clean, clear water, mushy waves with enough push, looks ideal. No wetsuit. Ahhh.....

Secretly learn to surf on your layovers in Waikiki, then when you return to FL, tell your daughters that you finally want to learn to surf with them, and blow 'em away when they see that you are a "1st time" natural.

qwerty-
I seriously wish I was SAN based- I am not with the airlines, just a bum flying 135.:D :eek: :D

I do frequent SAN quite often and enjoy it to the utmost..

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back