• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay me 60 percent more and I MIGHT consider paying for my healthcare costs. Basically compare apples to apples.

Until then the only people brining up that we don't pay any healthcare costs are those that got it taken away from them.

Low hanging fruit as it were.

Fair enough. So for an apples to apples comparison, which fleet type in the Delta fleet do you think is the best comparison to NetJets, on an apples to apples basis? The EMB190? CRJ900? Something else?

I guess the company doesn't really value everyone. Record profits and have they given one thing back they have taken? Nope.

They did restore the 401k matching, but your point is valid. There has been a lot of erosion under jordan. Hopefully AJ and Bill can restore some of those lost benefits.

Fair enough. So for an apples to apples comparison, which fleet type in the Delta fleet do you think is the best comparison to NetJets, on an apples to apples basis? The EMB190? CRJ900? Something else?

They did restore the 401k matching, but your point is valid. There has been a lot of erosion under jordan. Hopefully AJ and Bill can restore some of those lost benefits.

Are we going by passenger count?

Guess who wins if we go by cumulative net worth on board.....

Wonder if PRIA requests have risen since the company told us what they think we're worth.

Last edited:
Guess who wins if we go by cumulative net worth on board.....

Actually probably Delta. While there are a few billionaires flying NetJets, most ultra-ultra high net worth individuals have their own jet (or their company does). So NetJets appeals to those in the $25MM-$500MM range. Filling up 6 seats with family members may not increase the cumulative net worth of those on board. On the other hand a Delta plane with 250 passengers, including quite a few $5MM-$20MM individuals, along with many other passengers, probably beats NetJets. NetJets would win hands down on average net worth per passenger.

Let's use revenue generated by the planes. Delta recently reported 14 cents per available seat mile. Let's say the average plane goes 500 miles in an hour (probably a bit generous, but Delta has been near 15 cents recently). Now let's say a NetJets plane generates $11,000 of revenue per hour (Net Jets has planes above and below that number). That works out to a 157 seat Jet, so say 737.

Tell GIV dude that if I was his economics professor I'd fail him. Apparently his supply and demand argument that is going to reward us with higher pay isn't occurring.

Netjets offer was...drum roll....please.

2% them 1% for an additional 8 years of a contract.

Family guy and GIV have been eerily quiet.

Another pilot in recurrent had me laughing so hard. He said that GIV thinks I hate him. I was laughing at the comment because I think that would be giving GIV too much credit to think he means something to me.

His misguided posts. His naive view of the industry. His lack of knowledge of the process and then being proven wrong at every milestone. His ability to stick to his guns when everyone around him tells him he's wrong and then gets proven he's wrong. That takes fanatical dedication.

I don't hate any of that. I sure as heck don't hate GIV because without the above we wouldn't understand why this contract is taking so long and what the mindset is of those continuously working against the pilot group is.

The day GIV changes his mindset and those like minded do to then we will have a contract and this will be done. GIV is my canary in the coal mine.

Hell I might even send him a Facebook request.

Latest resources

Back