• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since we fly smaller planes than Delta ... we should only get 49% of Delta pay?

What if we apply that to all the other employees at NJ?

Why should the pilots be the only ones working for 49% of Delta?:crying:

I suggested the Union make an APP utilizing this info so people could see what 49% of Delta is for their jobs

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Delta-Air-Lines-Salaries-E197.htm

Last edited:
Should bus drivers get paid more than limo drivers/chauffeurs? Of course not. They're both professional drivers.

Since we fly smaller planes than Delta ... we should only get 49% of Delta pay?

What if we apply that to all the other employees at NJ?

Why should the pilots be the only ones working for 49% of Delta?:crying:

I suggested the Union make an APP utilizing this info so people could see what 49% of Delta is for their jobs

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Delta-Air-Lines-Salaries-E197.htm

The link you provided says that Delta pilots get paid an average of $106,403. Are you saying NetJets pilots are currently only getting $52,137 on average?

Fair enough. So for an apples to apples comparison, which fleet type in the Delta fleet do you think is the best comparison to NetJets, on an apples to apples basis? The EMB190? CRJ900? Something else?

Let's use revenue generated by the planes. Delta recently reported 14 cents per available seat mile. Let's say the average plane goes 500 miles in an hour (probably a bit generous, but Delta has been near 15 cents recently). Now let's say a NetJets plane generates $11,000 of revenue per hour (Net Jets has planes above and below that number). That works out to a 157 seat Jet, so say 737.

Okay, assuming we take that argument at face value, shouldn't you also account for costs per hour of flight?

Are we going by passenger count?

That's the most obvious comparison, but I'm open to using others.

I'd just like to understand what you think is fair and the rationale for using that particular comparison.

That's the most obvious comparison, but I'm open to using others.

I'd just like to understand what you think is fair and the rationale for using that particular comparison.

Well if you go by passenger count then Fedex pilots are grossly overpaid.

FamilyGuy,

How about you keep the negotiating in the negotiating room? You know our price.

The link you provided says that Delta pilots get paid an average of $106,403. Are you saying NetJets pilots are currently only getting $52,137 on average?

No I am saying NJA pay is 49% of Delta pay

The site is wrong about Delta pilot pay .... unless they are talking about 1st year pay. Then it would be approximately correct 56875 v 106K for Delta.

Perhaps it is wrong about some of the other occupation pay as well ... Find out what Delta pays for your job and multiply by 49%. Since NJ flies small planes we all need to work for 49% of Delta, no?

Don't tell me you aren't happy with 49% of Delta! :bawling:

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/delta_air_lines

Last edited:
FamilyGuy,

How about you keep the negotiating in the negotiating room? You know our price.

He can't do that. He has to try it out here to see what floats and what doesn't.

Latest resources

Back