• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot shortage Myth. 7000 apps for 600 slots at DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was an EK pilot that was hired two weeks ago. I should know because I did his interview prep for Delta. Outstanding gentleman and pilot.

Maybe it was Typhoon Pilot? He did say he would leave EK to start over at DL if he could. His quote is at the bottom of my post---the signature.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Everyone knows that typhoon went for one of the commuting contracts in Asia, he did not go back to the US market....!

Everyone knows that typhoon went for one of the commuting contracts in Asia, he did not go back to the US market....!

Everyone knows that? Fantastic! He did make that quote below, though. Maybe he'll try a big 3 Legacy next.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Unless you guys commute, you may not have a 'pulse' on the regionals but...

Great Lakes is already screwed. Eagle may be parking planes next year. SkyWest and the others can't even get 30 people to class every few weeks.

At a recent job fair United rep said "we have 10K applicants on file. We want to hire 4K of them. Delta and American want the same 4K. We retire 2K pilots in the next four years and 4K pilots in the next 6 year, 10K pilots in the next 20 years"

Its starting....

Unless you guys commute, you may not have a 'pulse' on the regionals but...

Great Lakes is already screwed. Eagle may be parking planes next year. SkyWest and the others can't even get 30 people to class every few weeks.

At a recent job fair United rep said "we have 10K applicants on file. We want to hire 4K of them. Delta and American want the same 4K. We retire 2K pilots in the next four years and 4K pilots in the next 6 year, 10K pilots in the next 20 years"

Its starting....

4 year degree, ATP, 3000TT/1500 TPIC, ex-mil, squeaky clean record, no call from Skywest or any other regional. I call shenanigans.

^^^^ sorry bud, but it's not. Not sure why no call, but XJT wanted classes of 30 were happy to get 15 to show up recently. Then all the other regionals were asked/forced to dumpster dive for pay, insurance,etc ....and suddenly the signing bonus was not enough and XJT classes were filled. Give it time though, sadly XJT-ASA-SKYW are all on the short list for the big behind stick.

Last edited:
a guy a few classes behind me at UAL left an EK captain A380 position to be an FO on the 737 in EWR. He said it was a no-brainer. That says a lot about EK and living in a sand box full of crazies.

Latest resources

Back