Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PacoPollo said:
For 8g's MAYBE you will get the job....
Yes, but at least you get to keep the training you paid for! Which is a good thing...since you paid for the training.

A buddy of mine was a P3 commander for a career, had 135 turbine experience, several master and bachelor degrees and was fortunate enough to buy his 737 type only to wind up at Net Jets after getting the no go at SWA. Even his squadron buddies couldn't get him in.

If providing asked-for information is flame-baiting, then fine - I'm a flamer then!!
somebody asked, I replied - hard for you to understand apparently
:uzi:

You fellas need to muscle up! You're hyper-sensitivity with PFT or flame bait or whatever the hell gets under your skin needs to be checked. You all scared me away from PFT and made me realize that it wasn't for me (I'm poor!) but leave all the rich kids alone who can afford it. Are you jealous that money is no object for them and maybe they don't care if they don't get hired because mom or dad gave them the money. I am! Big friggin deal! Everywhere I go there are cocky pilots and one thing always holds true with them: You go the route they did or your a loser.
It seems like there are many ways to sell your soul to the devil in aviation and PFT is only one.

PacoPollo said:
For 8g's MAYBE you will get the job....

I dont think it's like that anymore with southwest. I think they now give you the interview first and if you want the job you have to get the type rating within 6 months.

I was looking at their pay scales. I'm not expert... but isn't that a little higher than some of the other carriers?

Good info. Keep it coming.

Something I've noticed -- this Simcenter place w/ their 727 FO program, requires 1500hrs TT / 250hrs ME, and the result is you get 727 SIC time, and get paid maybe a little above what a regional FO makes. If someone had 1500/250, they'd be with a regional, possibly flying a RJ and flying in a glass cockpit environment.

Anyway, the reason I posted this thread wasn't to start any fights, or to debate whether what SWA requires is PFT or not. The reason I posted this is because I may have the possibility of a foreign airline paying me to get experience here in the U.S. and then work with them for 3yrs. So I wouldn't be paying for PFT. They'd be paying for my training .. the way it should be :)

Any more links/info would be appreciated.

Latest resources

Back